• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Loan watch 22-23

Phillip

I was also amazed Tivvy v Parkway game took place. I was told with the season ending on 22nd there was literally no free day it the game wasn't played with both teams playing Saturday, Monday, Thursday and Saturday next week. Despite some standing water on the pitch both teams produced an entertaining game. Agree about Ed James. Congratulations to those who ventured out to the game.

Red Bill

Can't believe too many people would be neutral for an East Devon/ West Devon derby match!
Ah but for those like me who aren't actually from Exeter, we don't have any allegiance to E Devon. I'm a City fan because my dad and his family were Exonians and it was our nearest league club when we lived in South Molton so we went there a lot visiting family and shopping. I've lived in NE Devon, NW Devon, mid/S Devon and SW Devon but never in Exeter or E Devon. In fact outside of the city centre and SJP, I don't know Exeter very well and have only been to places in E Devon a handful of times in my life.
Basically I'm a very proud Devonian and my only allegiance in the county is to Exeter City, outside that I love it all!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
To be pedantic, Tiverton is in Mid Devon.

Red Bill

To be pedantic, Tiverton is in Mid Devon.
Really? It's only a few miles from the Somerset boarder isn't it? Or do you mean it in the way that Gt Yarmouth might be considered 'mid England'🤣

Leads

Really? It's only a few miles from the Somerset boarder isn't it? Or do you mean it in the way that Gt Yarmouth might be considered 'mid England'🤣
It's very much in the Mid Devon District Council area

Red Bill

Ah so it's in reference to the name of the local authority rather than its geographical position? Because there's no getting away from the fact that Tivvy is definitely in the east of the county.

SaintJames

Ah so it's in reference to the name of the local authority rather than its geographical position? Because there's no getting away from the fact that Tivvy is definitely in the east of the county.
Tiverton is above Cullompton and I'm not sure you would find anyone even in Cullompton who think they are in east devon? Tiverton is geographically and administratively definately in Mid Devon :)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Nomansland near Tiverton felt like the middle of nowhere but was definitely mid-Devon.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh dear, what have I started. I'm sure somebody will be along in a moment to point out Plymouth isn't in Devon either now it's a unitary authority. Perhaps I should have described the game as a derby between teams from the eastern and western sides of the traditional county of Devon.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Its also the home of East Devon College (or at least it was).
There is also the matter of the Central Devon Parliamentary Constituency, which is mainly made up of West Devon and Teignbridge..

Last edited: