• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Loan watch 22-23

Tim Long

Tuesday 27th December
Crediton United
2 Bovey Tracey 2
Jack Arthur starts.
Just found this...
...despite the fact that the camera on a big stick was almost right in front of me at the game. Two good saves from Jack Arthur, the more impressive one at around the minute mark of the highlights.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just found this...
...despite the fact that the camera on a big stick was almost right in front of me at the game. Two good saves from Jack Arthur, the more impressive one at around the minute mark of the highlights.
Lords Meadow looks a right mess.

AmberRed

Just found this...
I see that Jack Arthur's picture has been removed from the the website, just Jamal and Harry as GK's now!

StudentGrecian

I see that Jack Arthur's picture has been removed from the the website, just Jamal and Harry as GK's now!
The rumour was that he was suspended, then quietly let go late last year. Unsure why the club wouldn’t put a statement out to say he’s been released though. The situation was poorly handled imo, obviously they can’t comment on legal issues or rumour. But if he’s suspended or released you’d expect a club statement to state that fact.

There was statement regarding Nombe and Blackman because of the widespread coverage it received. Just looks like we hid this one because it was only a few comments on Twitter.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
The rumour was that he was suspended, then quietly let go late last year. Unsure why the club wouldn’t put a statement out to say he’s been released though. The situation was poorly handled imo, obviously they can’t comment on legal issues or rumour. But if he’s suspended or released you’d expect a club statement to state that fact.

There was statement regarding Nombe and Blackman because of the widespread coverage it received. Just looks like we hid this one because it was only a few comments on Twitter.
Or you could argue that it was handled well in terms of looking after a young player and his welfare after he has made a big mistake. Note: I have no clue what he did or didn't do, and don't want to know. Obviously it probably wasn't good and he let himself down for which there have been serious consequences. For the club to deal with it in a discreet way in my opinion is not a bad thing.

StudentGrecian

Or you could argue that it was handled well in terms of looking after a young player and his welfare after he has made a big mistake. Note: I have no clue what he did or didn't do, and don't want to know. Obviously it probably wasn't good and he let himself down for which there have been serious consequences. For the club to deal with it in a discreet way in my opinion is not a bad thing.
Potentially, it’s a good point and maybe the view the club took. I’d still argue there’s a need for clarity. People would have stopped talking about him by now if we knew whether or not he was still employed by us. That fact we have heard nothing has only continued the rumour and conjecture.
I don’t think it would have been damaging to simply put out a statement that he has been released if is the case.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
George Spencer made his first start tonight for Saltash in their 5-4 win over Wadebridge.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
George Spencer made his first start tonight for Saltash in their 5-4 win over Wadebridge.

I think George is one to watch
UTC

Number13

Not sure the club could win - say you've suspended then released him and you have to say why, say nothing and get panned for saying nothing

I suspect if it was that serious an issue that it'll come out at a later date

We all want to know what happened because humans are inherently nosey but we can probably understand why a young player deserves to be looked after and also, in this country, if he has committed some sort of crime, he is innocent until proven guilty

DawlishBouy

Saturday 21st January
Bideford
v AFC Totton
Joe Wragg & Aamir Daniels not in squad. Bideford only name 3 subs.

Tavistock 1 Westbury United 2
Joe O’Connor starts.

Braintree Town 2 Bath City 1
Sonny Cox starts.

Poole Town (Gabriel Billington), Tiverton Town (Ed James), Plymouth Parkway (Harrison King) & Crediton United (Jack Arthur) - games postponed due to frozen pitches.