• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Loan watch 22-23

DawlishBouy

Saturday 25th March
Welling United 1 Bath City 0
Sonny Cox starts.

Tavistock 1 Slimbridge 1
Joe O’Connor on as sub 29th minute.

Sholing 1 Bideford 1
Joe Wragg not in squad.

DawlishBouy

Saturday 1st April
Bideford
0 Paulton Rovers 2
Joe Wragg not in squad.

Exmouth Town 1 Tavistock 0
Joe O’Connor starts.

All other games that could have featured City players are postponed.

DawlishBouy

Tuesday 4th April
Frome town 0 Bideford 0
Joe Wragg not in squad.

Tiverton Town 1 Hendon 0
Ed James & Pedro Borges start. Pedro playing his fourth game for Tivvy not his debut as reported on their twitter.
Nelson Iseguan on as sub for his first appearance since signing permanently for Tivvy.

Saltash United 3 Bridgwater United 1
George Spencer on as 85th minute sub.

Wellington 1 Mousehole 3
Alfie Clark starts. Subbed in the 87th minute by Archie Collins’ brother Zeph.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not a game for the purist at Tivvy tonight. The definition of a second touch was a tackle. Pedro was probably the one midfielder who was looking to get his foot on the ball and move it until River Allen came on and he showed decent signs of quality. Came closest to scoring in the first half with a cleanly hit 25 yard drive that just beat a full length goalkeeper and the post. Also made good runs forward to support the front two. He didn't shirk the physical stuff, picked up a yellow for hauling down a counter attack after he mis-controlled a quick free kick fired into him by Woody. Bit concerned by the wearing of almost invisible shin pads with socks barely above the ankle and no shin pads in sight. He did get caught with a studs up tackle that could have been a bit sorer than it needed to be.

Ed James had another solid game. It's been a while since I have seen him play with the postponements of recent games. He was dominant in the air and has increased his physicality in that department which is good to see. Also used the ball well when he had opportunity. Possibly got a bit square on a couple of times when in a one on one with some pacy strikers but altogether did well.

DawlishBouy

Wednesday 5th April
Swindon Supermarine 3 Plymouth Parkway 0
Harrison King starts.
Gabe Billington on as sub 63rd minute.

Tavistock 0 Totton 0
Joe O’Connor on as sub 70th minute.

STURTZ

Is it just me or does anybody else worry that these youngsters that are knocking on the door of professional league football with City always seem to be bit part players in some pretty low grade teams? I'd expect them to be stand out players!

andrew p long

Is it just me or does anybody else worry that these youngsters that are knocking on the door of professional league football with City always seem to be bit part players in some pretty low grade teams? I'd expect them to be stand out players!
The three listed tonight are all U18s. One started in the 7th tier, the other two were subs, one in the 7th tier, the other in the 8th tier (I'm open to correction on the level at which Plymouth Parkway and Tavistock are playing).

As U18s - and therefore scholars (apprentices in old money)- its quite n achievement to get and hold down a first team place in any such men's football. So not a problem if they are bit part players. However they will have to prove themselves next season as full pros - and experience shows that holding a starting place out on loan is a key indicator (though there are exceptions - Weymouth didn't think Joel Randall was good enough for them, which looked foolish when a year or two later he was sold for £1.2m!)

jase 07

The three listed tonight are all U18s. One started in the 7th tier, the other two were subs, one in the 7th tier, the other in the 8th tier (I'm open to correction on the level at which Plymouth Parkway and Tavistock are playing).

As U18s - and therefore scholars (apprentices in old money)- its quite n achievement to get and hold down a first team place in any such men's football. So not a problem if they are bit part players. However they will have to prove themselves next season as full pros - and experience shows that holding a starting place out on loan is a key indicator (though there are exceptions - Weymouth didn't think Joel Randall was good enough for them, which looked foolish when a year or two later he was sold for £1.2m!)
I think Tavistocks Twitter was wrong, I think Joe started the game tonight and was subbed off on 70 mins, he seems to be a regular starter

Christian

And the teams in question are full of ex-pros and kids that came through academies. I know people think they are tin pot teams but the standard is generally good.

Martin Weiler

I think Tavistocks Twitter was wrong, I think Joe started the game tonight and was subbed off on 70 mins, he seems to be a regular starter
Down as a sub on official Southern League site: