• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Luke Young - thank you Sheridan!

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Going back to LY and this is a waste of time me posting this on pasoti because they'll move or delete the thread, it's a win, win situation for us, if we keep until the end of the season, there's a good chance he'll fire us close to, or to promotion itself, or if not, come January some one like Peterborough famed for buying young players out of tier 4/5 will come along a pay a lot of money for him, and the gargs get nowt, after all, they gave him away, snigger.
Too true re pasoti, this thread would be tantamount to suggesting that Sherridan hasn't a clue, a heinous offence on that site, until he gets sacked of course when porkies poodles will say they never really liked him and he should never have got rid of Young.

Blizzard? Norburn? Banton? I know who'd I'd rather have in my team.

Last edited:

Curley

Comparing Blizzard and Banton to Young is like comparing chalk and cheese.

Jury is still out on Norburn I'd say.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Comparing Blizzard and Banton to Young is like comparing chalk and cheese.

Jury is still out on Norburn I'd say.
Very clever. Not sure if intentional or not.

tagz

Too true re pasoti, this thread would be tantamount to suggesting that Sherridan hasn't a clue, a heinous offence on that site, until he gets sacked of course when porkies poodles will say they never really liked him and he should never have got rid of Young.

Blizzard? Norburn? Banton? I know who'd I'd rather have in my team.
It did come up on Pasoti. A few quotes;

"It is in the conference though to be fair."

"Because he's an awful man manager. Gave up to easily."

"If he does that fair play to the lad but i dont think he will and will playing in the local leagues in 2-3 years time"

"Big mistake my ass, he will never be more than an average League 2 player."

"Said it on here before, remember Hourihane 2 years ago, Lukes stats at the same age were better, so was only going to get better, and potentially earn us money but part time sherry knows best"

"Sheridan and the 47 other League 1 and 2 managers. He's playing for a Conference team this season for a reason."

"there's a time you have to cut a promising player adrift if they aren't stepping up to the plate, compare that to the progress Nelson has shown, he's actually younger than Luke."

"I feel it is the correct decision."

"I don't get this whole "he'll go on to great things and we'll regret this" attitude."

"Right decision to let him go. The fact there didn't appear to be a host of league clubs after his signature confirms this ."

comments since this weekend

"Whilst Young has gone on to do well, it just wasn't working out for him playing in a proper league. I'm sure Dom Blizzard would score 10+ goals in the conference easily."

"Good job Shezza let him go 'for his own good'. "

graiser

You forgot this Luke Young goal as well granny, 2.03 minutes in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIayD4tlYTU
Yep Luke Young a real give away, cheers snot.
Always willing to flob our Snot on our Devon neighbours

grecian55

Cracking goal by Young ,well done that man !

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
http://youtu.be/6sKVScIxJNI

See his free-kick just before his goal. That isn't the skills of someone who has found his level, more a confidence player being used properly by a manager who is not stuck in the dark ages, like Les Battersby is. Plymouth fans can console themselves by pretending he wasn't good enough for them when the sad fact is, you didn't know what you had and it will be us who reap the benefits of the inevitable big fee we receive, whilst you don't even gave a sell on.
Got to say Wrexhams goal is bloody funny! Is that Ricey in goal?

As for the free kick, Matt Grimes takes similar ones, but his tend to go in!

I think when Young left he wanted to stay in Devon but didn't want to play for Exeter (as he is from Plymouth) so picked Torquay.
...plus you were under a transfer embargo at the time and couldn't have signed him anyway.

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
...plus you were under a transfer embargo at the time and couldn't have signed him anyway.
Tagz is not a City fan.

If we went in for him there would have been a decent chance he would have come to us. But we couldn't, so we didn't and unfortunately for him, he's stuck playing the likes of Dover and Alfreton.

Last edited:

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tagz i dont know whether he would have signed or not. I suspect if offered is in the FL or Torquay in the CONF we would have signed him. We where under the embargo anyways so made no difference anyways.

In every game i have seen the lad play i have always been impressed. I think he is a Tisdale type of player and under a manager who will use him properly he could become hot property very easily and make some money for someone