• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Manager Thread..Appointments & Dismissals

sign of the chimes

Just goes to prove there's no loyalty in football
If you're talking about Richardson, it's a strange one. I've had my doubts about the Wigan ownership since their takeover; and this decision hasn't diminished them. Hopefully Richardson will get a decent payout - and he's produced a decent enough body of work there to get him gainful employment when the next top-half L1 vacancy in the north west comes up.

If your comment also covers Jones, I reckon Luton will be quite happy with the c. £2.5m 'loyalty' payment they've received as a result of his signing that five-year-contract which was, after all, an insurance policy for them.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
If you're talking about Richardson, it's a strange one. I've had my doubts about the Wigan ownership since their takeover; and this decision hasn't diminished them. Hopefully Richardson will get a decent payout - and he's produced a decent enough body of work there to get him gainful employment when the next top-half L1 vacancy in the north west comes up.

If your comment also covers Jones, I reckon Luton will be quite happy with the c. £2.5m 'loyalty' payment they've received as a result of his signing that five-year-contract which was, after all, an insurance policy for them.
Yes both of them. Don't understand giving someone a long contract and then saying them 2 weeks later.

sign of the chimes

I didn't like Jones before he made the move - so I'm quite pleased he's gone where he has as he's a natural fit for them on that basis ;-)

Joking aside, the Luton hierarchy were sad to see him go on the basis of his record, I'm sure; but the statement they made about accepting Southampton's approach to speak to Jones suggested that a) things had been done properly and; b) that they were happy with the outcome. It all suggests that Jones had signed the contract extension - which will have been in his favour in financial terms - on an understanding that if he had suitors of a certain type that he'd be free to speak to them if the compensation was met.

It doesn't sound a million miles away from the Matt Taylor/Rotherham situation in terms of the approach. The only difference being that Luton were in a position to insulate themselves by offering him that long-term deal in the first instance.

iscalad

Rob Edwards in at Luton

dontpassback

Beale leaves qpr for Glasgow rangers,after turning down wolves,citing loyalty to qpr for giving him his first managers job,talk about turncoat !

dontpassback

Manning gone from MK dons,they aren’t doing well,so be interesting to see who rocks up !

Alistair20000

Manning gone from MK dons,they aren’t doing well,so be interesting to see who rocks up !
My record at MK was none too shabby. I'm up for it.

1670773608400.png

dontpassback

Never say never 😀😀😀😀

dontpassback

Dean Holden in the running for the Charlton job,wasnt his name mentioned before we appointed Gary Caldwell ?

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dean Holden in the running for the Charlton job,wasnt his name mentioned before we appointed Gary Caldwell ?
It was.

No idea if he applied or was interviewed.