• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Marcus Flitcroft - Head of Recruitment. What does he do and what is his back story?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
What's more, I understand Marcus sat in on the interviews for the new manager which suggests to me that, aside from being extremely highly thought of at Exeter, he isn't going anywhere any time soon.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I didn't know what to make of GC's comment in the article that 'we have to be ready to sheet if we have to'.

What does that mean?

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
What's more, I understand Marcus sat in on the interviews for the new manager which suggests to me that, aside from being extremely highly thought of at Exeter, he isn't going anywhere any time soon.
Great news!! I actually thought once MT moved on that the most important person to hang onto was Marcus. Sounds like the club were wise in making him an integral part of the hiring process.

Spoonz Red E

I didn't know what to make of GC's comment in the article that 'we have to be ready to sheet if we have to'.

What does that mean?
If he means 'deal sheet' then it suggests pushing a transfer as close to the window deadline as possible.
It's a way of letting the EFL know that a transfer has been agreed between the two clubs and players but the fine detail is still being worked on.
However there's a chance 'sheet' could also be generic jargon in the football biz for any transfer.

manc grecian

What does that mean?
Was it his accent?

Grecian2K

Was it his accent?
Good point well made Manc.

It might just have been a reference to a particularly fiery vindaloo that he'd had the night before.

dontpassback

Looks like Gary Caldwell has firm ideas on strengthening the squad,and Marcus flitcroft is going to be playing a part.be interesting to see who we get in.also does anyone know how long josh coley is out on loan to Harrogate for ?

tom_ecfc

also does anyone know how long josh coley is out on loan to Harrogate for ?
Answer - end of the season.
⬇⬇⬇⬇

dontpassback

Answer - end of the season.
⬇⬇⬇⬇

Thanks

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
But can be recalled in January. With a new manager at the helm, a recall wouldn't surprise me.