• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor Leaving? Has left!

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Depends what your values are and what ismore important to you. Not everyone is motivated purely by money.
Of course, but he’s been here 4.5 years as a manager and how far can he realistically take us? Plus his stock is at his highest it’s been. If he turned down the opportunity to move, then had a poor spell, the chance of a big move could be gone.

Look at Paul Warne. Did a great job at Rotherham but he’s clearly moved to Derby for much more money and they’ve also got great potential to rise back up the pyramid. And he came across as someone with real integrity, similar to MT.

Who knows what he’ll do next, but I’d be surprised if he’s with us this time next year.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Depends what your values are and what ismore important to you. Not everyone is motivated purely by money.
Not everyone, but the vast majority. We're not talking about a small payrise for moving to a decent championship club, we're talking about becoming a millionaire.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Who knows what he’ll do next, but I’d be surprised if he’s with us this time next year.
I hope he's not with us this time next year as it means we've been successful

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I hope he's not with us this time next year as it means we've been successful
Or in L2 !

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
With Rob Edwards being sacked by Watford, after 3 months, 10th in the league only 2 defeats, such is the expectations of owners, does Matt know what side his bread is buttered, I think so!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
With Rob Edwards being sacked by Watford, after 3 months, 10th in the league only 2 defeats, such is the expectations of owners, does Matt know what side his bread is buttered, I think so!
I get your point but it's also not the worst thing in the world for Rob Edwards; he walks away with a sizeable pay-off and will walk into another job. Meanwhile, should we be worried that Matt Taylor is currently 4th or 5th favourite with the bookies for the Rotherham job.

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
I get your point but it's also not the worst thing in the world for Rob Edwards; he walks away with a sizeable pay-off and will walk into another job. Meanwhile, should we be worried that Matt Taylor is currently 4th or 5th favourite with the bookies for the Rotherham job.
Edwards will be back at Forest Green by next week..... :)

Squeezebox

IF KMT does leave I expect Wayne Carlisle to step right in.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Edwards will be back at Forest Green by next week..... :)
Yes the vagaries of football end of Saturdays game FGR manager far from happy but still in post despite abysmal team performance and going bottom of the league.

Two days on with Edward’s sacking he must now be a very worried man.

ExmouthMart

Yes the vagaries of football end of Saturdays game FGR manager far from happy but still in post despite abysmal team performance and going bottom of the league.

Two days on with Edward’s sacking he must now be a very worried man.
Quite strange as Burchnall was lamenting the fact they had so many players out injured and we had the benefit of continuity as we had signed hardly any new players! Bit rich as he probably has a budget from Dale Vince considerably bigger than ours and couldn’t inspire much from his team.
I doubt they would have Edwards back as he jumped ship and couldn’t wait to get away. Vince seems to be quite loyal to his Managers as he gave Cooper a 5 year contract and didn’t renew it but on the other hand he’s just as likely to sack him amid the general panic in football about not hitting targets.
Matt Taylor leaving?! No chance. He knows what the expectation is and is delivering that. The only bump in the road might be Argyle for obvious reasons but everything’s a bonus when you do things the way Exeter do.