• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor Leaving? Has left!

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
How has he realised that? He's had a quarter of a season in L1 and in that time recorded two 4-0 wins and a 7-0 win. What exactly is it that he's realising? Take us further than what?
Realising that keeping us in L1 in itself is an achievement and that progressing to the Championship is a pipe dream.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Both mine and your wording are different but mean the same thing. It was clear he felt he couldn't progress further with us at this time. He made no secret of his frustrations and his ambitions.
Yes but further than what? We're only a quarter of the way through the season and sitting fairly comfortably. What is it that he thinks we aren't achieving?

cannockred

Talk Sport released the news at 1045am today so not sure why nothing g from the club, even if it's just to announce the news with a full presser later.
Everyone is reacting to a probable fake twitter post this morning. Even the bbc jumped on it.

If, as has been posted on this thread, the presser is at 4pm, then it will be official.

I would think the club may announce the new boss/es at that time for continuity

Cowshed Grecian

I don’t think we will be short of candidates,we aren’t in the habit of sacking managers every 5 minutes,and in the current climate that would appeal to a lot of potential managers,BUT we need to get the right man,which is easier said than done
We aren't in the habit of sacking managers ever....which worries me a bit. New manager comes in loses 25 on the bounce would he be Sacked?

Average Joe

We aren't in the habit of sacking managers ever....which worries me a bit. New manager comes in loses 25 on the bounce would he be Sacked?
Funny you say that I was thinking the same, we are due a bit of bad luck with a manager at some point and have we got it in us? We have a record of the least amount of different managers in the last decade for a reason.

This could come as a shock when we have a manager who may cause a player upset etc.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Everyone is reacting to a probable fake twitter post this morning. Even the bbc jumped on it.
The tweet came from the official Trust account, it's not fake, it was obviously just posted by mistake/too early.

dontpassback

I would think so,I don’t think it would get as far as 25 though 😀

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yes but further than what? We're only a quarter of the way through the season and sitting fairly comfortably. What is it that he thinks we aren't achieving?
We are sitting comfortably but I think MT wanted to keep progressing, possibly aim for the Championship but after recent struggles during the transfer window and numerous rejections from players he tried to sign he realised that just keeping us in L1 was going to be an achievement and sooner or later we'd find ourselves in L2 again.

robchave

Both mine and your wording are different but mean the same thing. It was clear he felt he couldn't progress further with us at this time. He made no secret of his frustrations and his ambitions.
Sorry, but that wasn't 'clear' at all. I don't know how you claim to know what he 'felt'. Yes, he obviously showed some frustration at not having more resources to sign his preferred players. But what he 'felt' as a result of that understandable frustration is just your supposition.
All that we can deduce is that he's received an offer that he's decided to take. It tells us nothing about how far he 'felt' he could take the club.

dontpassback

Funny you say that I was thinking the same, we are due a bit of bad luck with a manager at some point and have we got it in us? We have a record of the least amount of different managers in the last decade for a reason.

This could come as a shock when we have a manager who may cause a player upset etc.
Which is why the recruitment process needs to be very thorough and very professional,not the cheapest option or one of taggys mates !