• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor Leaving? Has left!

dontpassback

I would question your definition of 'skint'? In comparison to some clubs in the Championship I expect so but could they afford a rather modest fee of say 300k for Jev I suspect the rather wealthy Tony Stewart has a deeper pocket than perhaps Ivor did lol
I would say your correct there st James,but the difference is,Stewart is a tight-fisted Yorkshire man,whereas ivor
Doble was generous to a fault,and probably to generous at times

Cowshed Grecian

I would say your correct there st James,but the difference is,Stewart is a tight-fisted Yorkshire man,whereas ivor
Doble was generous to a fault,and probably to generous at times
Are you sure about Ivor Doble? I remember someone in a pub once telling me he was absolutely minted. I always thought he owned a couple of jewellers. Apparently not, which made me wonder why City struggled so badly financially in the nineties.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Are you sure about Ivor Doble? I remember someone in a pub once telling me he was absolutely minted. I always thought he owned a couple of jewellers. Apparently not, which made me wonder why City struggled so badly financially in the nineties.
If memory serves me correctly for a few seasons immediately following our Championship win he was banned by the FA from having any dealings with ECFC or any other Club…..miss use of grant money.

tonykellowfan

Yes, but they’re hardly likely to be telling people what they’re on. I don’t discuss my salary with anyone except my wife - I would have to say I don’t think many people would have their salary as a topic of conversation.
I am in a senior position in a small business that employs about 35 people. I know or have access to the salary details of all the staff including the people above me. Since I am also involved in hiring people I also know what the salaries are at different levels in our industry. I deal with recruitment agents all the time who tell me what people are on in competitors if we need to up our offers both internally and externally.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Matt will similarly to when Bally left for Maine Road and paid a whopping 500k for Buster Phillips when the club was on its uppers do us a favour. Matt knows we need the next tranche of transfer income and I believe he will make a bid for his favourite Jev in January as a goodwill leaving present. I also think next summer he will try and prise Nombe away as he heads into the final year of his deal. I also wonder whether players he feels surplus to requirements will be flagged up to Marcus Flitcroft possibly used as a part of a deal with Jevani or Sam?
How about Matt making a cheeky bid for Sam Stubbs in January? Now that would be a real favour and Matt could continue working on the rehabilitation project that is Sam.🌈

Banksy

Yeh but the Russians may have started a nuclear war before then so stop worrying.
Come off it Geoff , that’s nothing compared to the trials and tribulations of Exeweb.

Antony Moxey

I am in a senior position in a small business that employs about 35 people. I know or have access to the salary details of all the staff including the people above me. Since I am also involved in hiring people I also know what the salaries are at different levels in our industry. I deal with recruitment agents all the time who tell me what people are on in competitors if we need to up our offers both internally and externally.
Good for you. I suspect, however, you don’t spend all day discussing the matters with all 35 staff, especially with those near the bottom about those near the top. Nor, I suspect, when your plumber or gardner turn up, the postie or Amazon driver knock on your door or your taking your kids to swimming lessons do you discuss the intimate financial affairs of your business.

Unlike in football it seems, where even the dinner ladies are privvy to player wages and contract negotiations.

Antony Moxey

As is typical of the man, there’s a quite wonderful open letter on the official site thanking everyone for their support. Honest and humble, it’s no less than you’d expect, and, I did chuckle at his reference to the fans taking a Southern League Oil Tanker to their hearts (yes, he really did say that!).

He’s got to be up there as one of the all time greats of the club, hasn’t he?

TotnesGrecian

I could see him going as an assistant manager in the Championship.
This aged well....

TotnesGrecian

There was a post on here a week ago about whether Taylors access to club documents such as contract details and salary info should be restricted until a decision was made, as there was potential for him to put all the files onto a USB and take them with him (Can't remember who posted it)

But the picture Rotherham used to announce him there is a USB plugged into the laptop ;)