• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor Leaving? Has left!

tonykellowfan

It was some crap team up north

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
KMT is currently 8th longest serving manager in EFL & Premiershite, having been here for nearly four and a half years and if Ainsworth moves to Rotherham (where he is reported to have said never say never when asked about the job) (although our Matty is second favourite for the job with the bookies, but Mark Bonner at Cambridge is favourite with the media) he will jump up to 7th.

Longest serving manager is Simon Weaver at Harrogate where he has been for 13 years and his father is chairman, in their time they have taken Harrogate up into the football league from the National league North (sixth tier). A win percentage of 39% I wonder what that would have to drop to for his job to be under threat?

Last edited:

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
KMT is currently 8th longest serving manager in EFL & Premiershite, having been here for nearly four and a half years and if Ainsworth moves to Rotherham (where he is reported to have said never say never when asked about the job) (although our Matty is second favourite for the job with the bookies, but Mark Bonner at Cambridge is favourite with the media) he will jump up to 7th.

Longest serving manager is Simon Weaver at Harrogate where he has been for 13 years and his father is chairman, in their time they have taken Harrogate up into the football league from the National league North (sixth tier). A win percentage of 39% I wonder what that would have to drop to for his job to be under threat?
Weaver hasn't spent very long in the EFL so I wouldn't count him in.

StudentGrecian

MT hasn't lived in Lancashire for many years. I really dont see him restricting his ambitions in that way. If the right job becomes available and it feels right for him he will even move to Yorkshire :)
Didn't he want to move 'closer to home' when he left us to join Charlton? 😂 Agreed its about what is right for him, with a young family he will have that on his mind, but it's better for him to make the move before schooling starts I'd imagine.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Didn't he want to move 'closer to home' when he left us to join Charlton? 😂 Agreed its about what is right for him, with a young family he will have that on his mind, but it's better for him to make the move before schooling starts I'd imagine.
Given that he has only just become a father, that could give him another another few years with us yet, whoopee !
There ain't half a lot of bs on this thread about it though. He will go when he feels that the time is right for him, it is sod all use people "cacking their pants" about it in the meantime, just relax and enjoy the ride ! :)

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Shall we just offer him a 2 year roller deal. I mean that has worked in the past.

Simba3011

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great that people thought he was caught short last week but not so good if little one not so well.
Come on Matt - beat Tis's record and only leave when we have another Taylor in the Grecian Academy !
UTC

jimmy

"My ego doesn't need tickling." :LOL:

SaintJames

That was a shocking interview with wholly contrived if not totally fabricated questions used like clickbait by that interviewer. I have seen no credible rumours linking our Manager to the Rotherham job hence why Matt had such a look of bemusement on his face. That truly was appalling and done to illicit a story out of nothing. Thankfully Matt never fell for his bait