• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Matt Taylor to…….. Chelsea!

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm defiantly east of Exe, the only time I would venture over the river was to watch the Falcons. Sadly that pleasure has long been taken away (thanks Chiefs)

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I lived in St Leonard's but went to STH. 😜

I do agree that St James should be renamed the Grecians Quarter.

fred binneys head

Born in Mowbray Hospital in Heavitree (no longer there) but lived in alphington - that place has changed since I was there (left in 1977!)

AB Ciren

Born at Politmore played for Heavitree x2 Foxhays and Alphington

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Born at Politmore played for Heavitree x2 Foxhays and Alphington
You are showing off now!

Banksy

You are showing off now!
I’ll show you my football medals if you show me yours.

AB Ciren

AB Ciren

N
Nah not that good 😁😁

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I lived in St Thomas from aged 4 to 9. At that time my Dad worked with his brother Richard, whose record shop The Left Bank in Paris St was the coolest record shop in town. Then we moved to Taunton, unfortunately. My Dad opened another great record shop in Taunton, Bath Place Records, where I worked on Saturday as a teenager.

Bridgy 81

I lived in St Thomas from aged 4 to 9. At that time my Dad worked with his brother Richard, whose record shop The Left Bank in Paris St was the coolest record shop in town. Then we moved to Taunton, unfortunately. My Dad opened another great record shop in Taunton, Bath Place Records, where I worked on Saturday as a teenager.
I can’t add anything to the Exeter element of this conversation as I’ve never lived there (or for that matter whether Matt is going to Chelsea) but I did grow up in Taunton so remember Bath Place Records very well especially from the mid to late 70s perhaps into the early 80s.
You could ask them in those days to put a record on you were perhaps thinking of buying or maybe just wanted to listen to then you’d sit in a booth and they’d play it to you through some headphones.

Last edited: