• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Morecambe v Exeter City Matchday Thread.

budegrecian

Cue one Derek Adams to no doubt say that they were the better side.

geoffwp

Very well known Exeweb poster
Come on city, a win would be nice, set us all up, banish the winter no sunshine blues...

Please?
Thanks lads, appreciate that......oh! hang on.

Rosencrantz

A performance that built as the night went on. More composure around the penalty area would have seen three points but something to build on after last Saturday. Cheick looked to have gained confidence in the second half after a shaky first half. He just got back to basics.

Bridgy 81

I think any point (especially away from home) is a good one.
But it sounded to me like we could have got all three tonight, so that’s a bit disappointing.
We’re still in 10th place though so that’s ok with me and I’d have been happy with that at the beginning of the season at this point.
I think January will be very interesting and important one way or another.

Colesman Ballz

This was one game where Brown definitely should have started.
Brown at one stage was adjusting strapping on one of his calves, so maybe he is carrying an injury, and that is why he isn't starting ? :unsure:

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think any point (especially away from home) is a good one.
But it sounded to me like we could have got all three tonight, so that’s a bit disappointing.
We’re still in 10th place though so that’s ok with me and I’d have been happy with that at the beginning of the season at this point.
I think January will be very interesting and important one way or another.
If we had properly defended a short corner routine we would have won tonight !

DJG.ECFC

Starting with 6 recognised defenders on the pitch and jev on the bench against lowly Morecombe who are the lowest goal scorers in the division (16 goals in 20 games) should be a sackable offence. Plus we conceded, Absolutely Embarrassing.

Last edited:

Bridgy 81

If we had properly defended a short corner routine we would have won tonight !
Maybe, but defenders mess up and strikers mess up, but it’s always the defenders who get the blame.
This is spoken by someone who used to be a defender.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe, but defenders mess up and strikers mess up, but it’s always the defenders who get the blame.
This is spoken by someone who used to be a defender.
I knew I recognised the cut of your Jib Bridgy - I was also a defender but knew when I should have done better !
UTC

SaintJames

Don't understand that starting line up, we looked so much better once Brown was on for Grounds.
The starting line up did exactly what was required for a team that has been conceding goals for fun. We needed to shore things up by starting with a more solid defensive shape. Aside from the sloppy error from Diabate falling asleep at the corner the team looked much better from a defensive pov. Grounds was never going to last 90 minutes so reverting to 3 at the back at the point Brown came on was I suspect pre planned. We needed to stop the rot in terms on conceding 2-3 goals a game and if Stanno and Nombe showed more composure we would have won the game at a canter