• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

My New Football Club Podcast

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I've reached out to them/him on Twitter.
Pretty sure David identifies as a man.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Alex Fisher was on the latest episode. A very good listen.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not only has a screenshot of a @Snoop Fog post on Exeweb been shared by Duke Roll, he's also name-checked and quoted on the latest episode of this podcast.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not only has a screenshot of a @Snoop Fog post on Exeweb been shared by Duke Roll, he's also name-checked and quoted on the latest episode of this podcast.
#Legend

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
I do enjoy the pod but their defensiveness around a few random comments on a forum is cringe. To be fair, David has softened and is clearly a fan of Exeweb, but Jon and Colonel Trandy still get regular digs in, which doesn’t warm me to them.

Funny that the colonel claimed the recent moves of the players he mentioned proved that he was right that they could have come to Exeter, when the players in question signed for Stockport, Oxford, Notts County, etc - all clubs with way more money than us. All good fun though.

That said, I find his info interesting and the pod as a whole is a decent listen. And David is still very funny, I did have a chuckle at his reason for doubting any rumours coming from anyone’s cousin 🤣

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I do enjoy the pod but their defensiveness around a few random comments on a forum is cringe. To be fair, David has softened and is clearly a fan of Exeweb, but Jon and Colonel Trandy still get regular digs in, which doesn’t warm me to them.

Funny that the colonel claimed the recent moves of the players he mentioned proved that he was right that they could have come to Exeter, when the players in question signed for Stockport, Oxford, Notts County, etc - all clubs with way more money than us. All good fun though.

That said, I find his info interesting and the pod as a whole is a decent listen. And David is still very funny, I did have a chuckle at his reason for doubting any rumours coming from anyone’s cousin 🤣
Colonel Trandy doesn't like Exeweb being mentioned because it and other forums are the source of all of his 'knowledge' 😉

Red Bill

I get the impression that most of Jon's opinions about the club and its fans are inherited from his dad, so if, and obviously I don't know if this is true, his dad has the view that exweb is rubbish and full of idiots, then Jon will also adopt that position, without really objectively appraising it.
IMO, exweb over the last couple of years has been the best it's been over the 12 years I've been contributing, and there has been some great discussion and debate. There always has been but there was a time when there were several posters who seemed to spend most of their time insulting people and pretty much everyone involved in the
club.
There will always be people who seem to incline towards negativity and for some reason, those who have taken against exweb, always seem to focus on that aspect and paint the whole of exweb in that light, whilst completely ignoring those who have consistently posted reasoned opinions. Of course there is disagreement and one posters opinion may be viewed by another as utterly ludicrous, but if we all agreed with each other, exweb would be a pretty pointless exercise!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Jon's Dad is regularly on here!

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I get the impression that most of Jon's opinions about the club and its fans are inherited from his dad, so if, and obviously I don't know if this is true, his dad has the view that exweb is rubbish and full of idiots, then Jon will also adopt that position, without really objectively appraising it.
IMO, exweb over the last couple of years has been the best it's been over the 12 years I've been contributing, and there has been some great discussion and debate. There always has been but there was a time when there were several posters who seemed to spend most of their time insulting people and pretty much everyone involved in the
club.
There will always be people who seem to incline towards negativity and for some reason, those who have taken against exweb, always seem to focus on that aspect and paint the whole of exweb in that light, whilst completely ignoring those who have consistently posted reasoned opinions. Of course there is disagreement and one posters opinion may be viewed by another as utterly ludicrous, but if we all agreed with each other, exweb would be a pretty pointless exercise!
So true. There was a time in the mid 2010s I stopped looking.