• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Newport County vs Exeter City, Matchday Thread

Bri 'n' God3

Interesting take. Can't say I thought the ref was that bad... but fair play to the poor little chap, he does compliment City and fans. Makes it sound like we are the team to beat... or not in their case :giggle:.

CraigECFC

Interesting take. Can't say I thought the ref was that bad... but fair play to the poor little chap, he does compliment City and fans. Makes it sound like we are the team to beat... or not in their case :giggle:.
Ref was definitely consistent. Gave absolutely nothing either way. Made for an entertaining 15 mins in the second half where challenges were flying about. Don’t mind that at all. Rather that than some refs that give everything and make it about them.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
What an absolute muppet. It seemed they wanted a foul every time Stubbs jumped up. He was just stronger and knew how to clear the ball. What was pathetic was the way their players went down every time.
I'm glad the ref realised that it is a contact sport for once. The worst foul of all was on Jevani, nothing was given for that either.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I found that video really entertaining, so much so that I watched it twice. He's great, gave the Exeter fans the credit we deserved and was clearly farked off with the ref. We all know how that feels.

Red red

Well today was nerve racking not the best game but who cares. 3 more points. Both teams didn’t want to lose. But good old Tim stepped up for us. Reading earlier threads thought Ref did ok

Antony Moxey

I found that video really entertaining, so much so that I watched it twice. He's great, gave the Exeter fans the credit we deserved and was clearly farked off with the ref. We all know how that feels.
Got to agree. The lad’s passionate about his team and wants the best for his team. He’s what‘s football’s all about. Loved our fans though, it really doesn’t get much better than that, and yes I’m jealous of each and every one of those in that away end today.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Got to agree. The lad’s passionate about his team and wants the best for his team. He’s what‘s football’s all about. Loved our fans though, it really doesn’t get much better than that, and yes I’m jealous of each and every one of those in that away end today.
Makes me feel a bit better after awful trip home when 'Cattle' Country shoehorned 3 trains into a 4 carriage train with inevitable consequences !

grecIAN Harris

Steady Ian...
Steady nothing, I've been saying it since February. And yeah, Ive had a few too many tonight

Arthur Davey

Loved his passion 👍🏼 Little bit non-committal in his assessment of the ref, mind...

gilbertshoot

Loved his passion 👍🏼 Little bit non-committal in his assessment of the ref, mind...
Don't remember hearing him make any reference to the official, particularly at the end 🙉