• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

NFL 2021-22

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yep, penalties are costing the Raiders their season. You’re right, it’s ridiculous, someone needs to have words with those players, it’s properly costing them today.

tonykellowfan

Well we have our first 2 winners, Bengals and the Bills.

Bengals a bit streaky with a dodgy TD, and we think we have bad refs! Bills creamed the Patriots and look like a very decent side.

Antony Moxey

The ball was virtually in the receiver’s hands with no defenders nea4 him when the whistle blew, there was nothing dodgy about it. Bengals were worth their win, if anything, considering the amount of red zone possession they had, it should have been comfortable by the middle of the third quarter. And those Raiders penalties…

As for the Bills, glad they blew the Pats away. Don’t know why but I’ve never liked them. I’m not sure why people seem to think the Chiefs are a shoe in for the AFC, this Bills team look the real deal to me and should give the Chiefs a real game - that’s if the Chiefs can get past the Titans or Bengals, especially as the Bengals have already beaten the Chiefs this year deep into the season.

tonykellowfan

lol, once the whistle blows the play is over

your own description of it confirms it was not a TD

fred binneys head

Bit like the end of the F1 season, for some reason the referee decided to just not apply the rules properly. #CheatingBengals

Antony Moxey

lol, once the whistle blows the play is over

your own description of it confirms it was not a TD
So is it when the whistle starts, or ends? If it’s when it ends then I think the ball is in the receiver’s hands by then. Either way, serves the Raiders right, they are the Wycombe of the NFL.

tonykellowfan

We have the next set of matches completed yesterday and no real surprises, Bucs and Chiefs winning easily.

The 49ers the only road team to win so far. They looked comfortable until they started to wobble in the second half and Jimmy G was his usual ropey self. Only for the game to end in farce when Dallas ran out of time on a bizarre choice for a QB run with only 14 seconds on the clock. We play away at Green Bay for our troubles and I cannot see us getting past them.

Cardinals v Rams tonight for the last spot in the final 8.

So far the games have been a bad advert for the extra team in the playoffs.

angelic upstart

You just knew the 49ers would beat the Cowboys. Was surprised the Bills won, and they were excellent. Will be interesting to see if they can keep it up, if they can, they'll win it.

Rams to win tonight but not by much.

tonykellowfan

Well the Rams are the final team into the quarters and it wasn't a close match, they annihilated the Cardinals who have gone badly downhill in the second half of the season. The Rams signing Stafford was a very sound move, even if he has only a few more years left. I would certainly rather have Stafford than Jimmy G at the 49ers that's for sure.

Although it's interesting as the 49ers are the bottom seed they have still beaten the Rams twice this season and they also beat the Bengals a few weeks ago.

tonykellowfan

Another great 2 games of football, with my 49ers playing terrible but somehow sneaking past no 1 seeds Green Bay. GB scored a TD on the opening drive but then pretty much got shut out. 49ers QB Jimmy G awful again with no touchdowns and usual terrible passing but the run game and special teams (blocked FG and blocked punt returned for only TD) saved his neck.

Bengals the other winner, although I cannot see them beating the winner of Bills v Chiefs next week.