• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Northampton Town away - 30 April

wiveygrecian

Good luck with that, Wendy.
Yep no chance with that Wendy!!

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Home tickets also sold out now so should be a good atmosphere.

If you’ve not been before there is parking as you approach the ground from Jct 15a at Duston Mill on the R hand side as you approach, £5.
There is also parking at the top of the hill towards the bowling alley also £5 I think. Otherwise you can take your chances by the cinema that I understand is not enforced anymore but it’s a risk.

Drinks wise the home bar at Carrs Bar is usually accommodating but small, away fans can go in the TGIs as well. The two pubs at the top are normally ok from memory if you act respectfully and there’s also a bar in the bowling alley.
Plenty in the town centre and if you’re walking from the train station. Turn right from the station and you will pass The Thomas A Beckett, The Foundrymans and The Sevens on the way.
Northampton being the nemesis is an issue though!!
Thanks. On car parking I seem recall from some previous visits (a long time ago!) parking at the ground, which was very convenient. At the risk of asking the obvious, presumably from what you say this is no longer an option for visiting fans? The NTFC website has reference to parking at the ground (?)

JJ red&white

What’s the best route from London. Trains look a nightmare with various rail replacement buses?!

Chief

I’ve checked and it is still available and is the green marker on your link.

Is everyone still on for fancy dress and inflatables?

Chief

What’s the best route from London. Trains look a nightmare with various rail replacement buses?!
You could go St Pancras to Wellingborough instead if no works on that line and get a taxi to Northampton which if there’s 4 or 5 people wouldn’t be much each, 15 miles ish.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Neil Le M has suggested this

The route is London St Pancras on Thameslink or East Midlands Rail to Bedford then a Rail Replacement Bus to MK Central followed by a train to Northampton. Total journey time is between two hours and two hours twenty minutes depending on which route you take and what time you travel.

Trapdoor

I'm driving from Kingston and have got a couple of spare seats if any Londoners can't face the bus. I wont be hanging around on the way back though but if interested PM me.

Chief

Also there’s a circus at Duston Mill car park near the ground which may affect availability of football parking. This is the one as you approach via jct 15a of M1

Attachments

Leads

You could go St Pancras to Wellingborough instead if no works on that line and get a taxi to Northampton which if there’s 4 or 5 people wouldn’t be much each, 15 miles ish.
Think that's what I'll do, but with a local bus instead of a taxi

Chief

Think that's what I'll do, but with a local bus instead of a taxi
Stagecoach bus X4 from a quick search but not directly from train station. Sure it’ll be fine and easy enough