• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Obituary Thread

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Early version of The Cannonball Run?
Not really, perhaps it may have stirred a idea in a script writer. Cannonball Run(1981) from what I remember was a bit comedic.

There were a few chase type films set in the US that decade from sublime Duel(1971) to the ridiculous Death Race 2000(1975)

Reactions: DB9

DB9

Susan Howard played his wife in the show and later played the wife of Ray Krebbs, Donna in Dallas, Always thought she was rather fragrent.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
US sprinter Jim Hines, 76. First man to run the 100m in under 10 seconds.

Oldsmobile-88

Susan Howard played his wife in the show and later played the wife of Ray Krebbs, Donna in Dallas, Always thought she was rather fragrent.
I’d forgotten that Susan Howard was in the Petrocelli series. Originally played the widow of Senator Dave Culver in Dallas before hooking up with Krabbs.

DB9

Was going to mention this but have been so busy but RIP to all those brave souls who were killed on this day 79 years ago, 6th June 1944 D-Day. Men, Well boys really barely out of their teens walked off ships/landing crafts into hell on those beaches and also parachuted in. I for one are forever grateful for what that generation had to do for us so we can even argue about politics on here nowadays without fear. May you all still rest in peace. To those buried in Europe and further afield and to those who came back but have since passed, Thank you.

Alistair20000

Was going to mention this but have been so busy but RIP to all those brave souls who were killed on this day 79 years ago, 6th June 1944 D-Day. Men, Well boys really barely out of their teens walked off ships/landing crafts into hell on those beaches and also parachuted in. I for one are forever grateful for what that generation had to do for us so we can even argue about politics on here nowadays without fear. May you all still rest in peace. To those buried in Europe and further afield and to those who came back but have since passed, Thank you.
Well said DB.

A trip to Normandy next year for the 80th anniversary is something I am considering

iscalad

Colesman Ballz

Have belatedly learnt of the passing of John Hayes Mabley on the 15th April aged 66.
Better known by his stage name Doktor Haze, he was the founder, Co owner and ringmaster of the Circus of Horrors, which has been entertaining us for nearly thirty years. Appropriately his send off included a horse drawn hearse and a Voodoo band. Right up to his untimely demise he was devising and planning future tours and events, "The show must go on" ! RIP.

Grecian2K

Me too.
Farewell to the Mighty Groundhog. So sorry that he's Split the scene.
(PS: Sorry if the puns have given anyone Vertigo - but you had to be around in the early 70s to get them)

iscalad

Me too.
Farewell to the Mighty Groundhog. So sorry that he's Split the scene.
(PS: Sorry if the puns have given anyone Vertigo - but you had to be around in the early 70s to get them)
10th December 1972. With Gentle Giant.