• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Odds & sods

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
That confused me when I first saw it, I thought “I don’t remember there being a building at the top of the bank” but it’s just the photo angle, it’s the Spot, behind the bank.

Colesman Ballz

That confused me when I first saw it, I thought “I don’t remember there being a building at the top of the bank” but it’s just the photo angle, it’s the Spot, behind the bank.
Wasn't their an earlier time when the Spot was indeed on the top of the BB ? The lighter colour change probably indicates the site ?

Tim Long

Wasn't their an earlier time when the Spot was indeed on the top of the BB ? The lighter colour change probably indicates the site ?
I sheltered under the limited cover of the guttering of the Spot at the top of the Big Bank during incessant rain at Alan Beer's testimonial. Some of the old 'car head lamp' floodlights exploded in the downpour.

Oldsmobile-88

Construction of original Centre Spot on the top of the bank overlooking the pitch was started at the beginning the 1972/73 season. It was ready for the start of the following season.

Trying to think when it was moved to behind the BB. I’m thinking it may have been 1979 ?

fred binneys head

My first game was 1983 and it wasn’t there then.

Bridgy 81

I wasn’t able to follow our match today as I travelled up to Buckinghamshire for a family commitment, but it sounded like a disappointing performance and result.
After the family business was over we were taken for a meal to a Turkish restaurant at the Stadium MK complex.
When we arrived I was very interested to see that they have The Knife Angel in their car park, as although I was aware of it I hadn’t realized it was currently in Milton Keynes.
It’s a 27ft statue created from 100,000 knives which have been either seized by the Police or surrendered by people anonymously via amnesties at various knife banks.
The intention of The Knife Angel is to highlight an anti-violence message and to that end it’s taken to and displayed at various locations around the UK.
It got it’s own website if anyone’s interested to read about it or to see where it’s heading to in 2023.
It’s an incredible piece of work and the only time I can remember leaving the car park at Stadium MK not feeling disappointed or frustrated.

Oldsmobile-88

22nd August 1987.
The Grecians first win on the road in around 18 months.

DAAE1717-3E94-4BD9-AB85-AF95A1E0FED2.jpeg

Oldsmobile-88

30 years ago...I remember that evening, most of us had not heard of Martin Phillips, he looked like a mascot on the warm up.

Rosencrantz

30 years ago...I remember that evening, most of us had not heard of Martin Phillips, he looked like a mascot on the warm up.

I first saw Martin when I joined Exwick u11's. He was a level ahead of everyone then and the most nailed on likely-to-make-it-as-a-pro in our age group playing in East Devon.

Oldsmobile-88

45 years since the memorable FA Cup 3rd Round game at SJP.
Express & Echo report from Monday 9th January.

C68F9438-74FD-41B5-AD33-D29C74F17F18.jpegDB01C858-A266-4196-AB3E-C296E62EA627.jpegAAD8FF14-B78A-4CC4-B6DA-392BB078555D.jpegA81E0503-C7B2-4222-86F9-99693790EE8A.jpeg