• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

*OFF* Charlton Athletic V Exeter City Sat 10th September 2022 Discussion and Prediction thread

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
So all football has been cancelled all the way to U7's. I have respect but kids need Saturday football, it's exercise and moral. This decision to cancel all youth football has really wound me up.
My son's Under 8's session tomorrow has also been cancelled and agree with you on this point.

Tribute and collective respect are better done together rather than cancelling everything.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
So the cricket continues with 20 000 plus fans at the Oval but a few miles down the Thames the football is called off!

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
So all football has been cancelled all the way to U7's. I have respect but kids need Saturday football, it's exercise and moral. This decision to cancel all youth football has really wound me up.
It's absolutely bonkers.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Disappointing from a footballing point of view as it feels like we’re in a good place at the moment with what would have been outstanding travelling support…..it could have been a good time to play
them :(

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Bit miffed at this, tbh. It would've been an oasis amidst the wall-to-wall televisual coverage.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Strange how the rugby and cricket goes ahead as planned but all football is cancelled.

Many people feel sad so why make them feel worse by taking away something that gives them enjoyment. It's like a double whammy.

You're all feeling a bit p!ssed off so what we'll do is take away your weekend football and make you feel even more p!ssed off!

Having the game allows people to come together and pay their respects. Kick off games at 3.05pm and have a full 5 mins of silence, applause, singing the anthem , or whatever else is appropriate and then get on with the game. Life goes on. Harsh but true.

Ashford Grecian

Is there a new date for the game?

Ashford Grecian

Racing off
St Leger and other big Saturday races moved to Sunday

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Rugby League is on this weekend. Last night of the Proms is off. Struggling to understand what is going

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
St Leger and other big Saturday races moved to Sunday
Oh, OK. I think that's a bit silly. If it's 10 days mourning it doesn't really matter if it's Saturday or Sunday, does it?