• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Olejnik Signs

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
How do you pronounce his name?

I guess its Ol-Nik
Whenever I've heard it pronounced it's more like O-lezh-nik.

Taz

A brilliant signing and someone who will really make a promotion push a reality in my opinion. Would definitely be one (of three) keepers that I would of signed being in Tis' shoes.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Oh-Ledge-Nick

:D

Well-known Exeweb poster
at Peterborough seemed to go from hero in 2013 57 app's to villain in 2014'/15 with zero app's, on first thoughts a decent signing I know he's not guaranteed a first

team spot, but,,, so much for our youth policy, we get a few quid and looks like it could go out of the window or certainly take less of a precedent

Last edited:

jmgull

Damn...! ;)

Bobby O is a damn fine keeper - he was the reason that we got to the play offs under Lingy 3 or 4 years ago.

Too good for League 2 in my opinion, no way will he be anything other than your no.1. He's the best keeper I've seen at Plainmoor for the last decade or two.

Not a tall keeper but he's exceptionally agile, brave, commanding and will organise the back 4 - excellent in 1 on 1 situations.

If you've got half a decent side in front of him, you'll do well next season.

Edit - in reply to the post above, he was in his last year under contract at Peterboro and it's their policy to freeze them out, if they wont re-sign (or want more money)

Last edited:
A cracking signing.

I honestly can't remember the last time I was this optimistic about the upcoming season.

richard_portland

Very well known Exeweb poster
Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Didn't think we would bring in another keeper and Olejnik has good pedigree so should be a good signing. Well done.

I would like to see pym as number two but either him or hamon needs to ideally get some games on loan assuming we are not going to get cash bids for either of them. Hopefully another promising signing may help getting Ribeiro to commit to us, and then a big central defender and striker will be the most important areas imo.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
it says a lot that ipswich town fans wanted him to go there last season - i guess he must have had a bit of a falling out with management at posh and was subsequently transfer listed....

Grecian O'Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I didn't want us to sign a keeper unless it was obviously better than what we've got. We've found that.

Good pedigree. Good age. Good signing.

Will be interesting to see what happens regarding Hamon and Pym.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Presumably one of Pym or Hamon will be sent out on loan. Can't have three keepers on the books with no reserve side.
That might be a bit of a conundrum but also quite telling. Given the similarities between them, if we assume that one of them goes on loan rather than leaves completely then they may well benefit from regular competitive football whilst the other, sat back on the bench, potentially stagnates a little.

Great signing, btw.