• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
I disagree Gerrard goes on about what he’s going to do..be more positive etc etc….he’s been saying this for ages.
So why is no one listening?

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Gerrard is doing an awful job with what is at least a mid-table squad. Ollie has only worked under managers with very consistent ideas so goodness knows what he makes of Gerrard's flip-flopping.

Number13

Apparently on MNF last night Keane and whoever he was on with were discussing Villa's troubles up front. Was it Ollie positive or negative?

Alistair20000

Apparently on MNF last night Keane and whoever he was on with were discussing Villa's troubles up front. Was it Ollie positive or negative?
Had to switch off as I cannot stand Keane’s beard.

supernova

I don't quite understand why Watkins is getting flak when all Villa seem to do is push it out wide to Cash who lumps in half baked balls in the box and the defence clears. Their midfield doesn't create anything

Alistair20000

I don't quite understand why Watkins is getting flak when all Villa seem to do is push it out wide to Cash who lumps in half baked balls in the box and the defence clears. Their midfield doesn't create anything
He wasn’t given any specific flak by the game commentators that I noticed. The criticism was at the Villa team generally.

Trapdoor

For all the creative talent Villa have at their disposal, they really dont create many good opportunities. They play far too slow and tight in midfield. Ollie needs them to play a lot more through balls and counter-attack more. Watching Villa try and play slow possession football is cringe worthy.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
For all the creative talent Villa have at their disposal, they really dont create many good opportunities. They play far too slow and tight in midfield. Ollie needs them to play a lot more through balls and counter-attack more. Watching Villa try and play slow possession football is cringe worthy.
I've said it before - whenever I've seen Villa often Ollie provides a decent chance or two for someone only for them to royally screw it up. McGinn did it last night attempting a diving header below knee height when he could have leathered it with his left foot.

CWH-NYC_

I try and watch all Villa's games and would agree with most of the comments on here re Villa and Ollie. Still appears to me that he is operating at about 80% of his capability, some of it down to the tactics and the other just not as happy as he was.
Still puts in a hell of a shift which is what the commentators we had of last nights game referred to on a few occasions.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
One bloke we don’t want in charge is Stevie G when he gets sacked…he certainly can’t get a tune out of Ollie at the moment.
He does not seem to play to Ollie’s strengths playing through the middle where everyone seems to get in the way of each other resulting in the ball never getting near to him.

Very few crosses into the box for Ollie to attack and last night he hardly saw any of ball until very late on when he moved out wide on the right……really feel for him.