• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Ollie Watkins

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
In a Grecian Player interview a couple of weeks back Danny Butterfield said it was early days but that Ollie is

' athletic,strong,quick,scores goals, works hard,learns quickly and has an excellent attitude'

manc grecian

In a Grecian Player interview a couple of weeks back Danny Butterfield said it was early days but that Ollie is

' athletic,strong,quick,scores goals, works hard,learns quickly and has an excellent attitude'
I wonder when Tisdale watches him does he think it might be worthwhile having more players with similar attributes.

He has been a breath of fresh air. One of few players who excites you when they receive the ball.

andrew p long

posted elsewhere but worth putting on this thread...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35915974

and also posted elsewhere - its the final words - the opposition manager says 'the kid Watkins, I thought he was terrific'

http://www.crawleynews.co.uk/didn-t-near-Exeter-City-half-admits-Crawley-Town/story-29007833-detail/story.html

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Saw the goals last night and the hold up play, vision and pass from Watkins for Taylor's goal was superb.

He's obviously full of confidence but he's looking great at the moment.

eurogrecian

Had a great game yesterday.
He's also full of the confidence of youth - sometimes that leads him to take on one defender too many, but he has plenty of time to work on that.
Another good product from our youth set-up. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know if he will go on to greater things, but he's fun to watch at the moment and a great asset to the team. Top marks to the club for bringing him through.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Had a great game yesterday.
He's also full of the confidence of youth - sometimes that leads him to take on one defender too many, but he has plenty of time to work on that.
Another good product from our youth set-up. I'm not knowledgeable enough to know if he will go on to greater things, but he's fun to watch at the moment and a great asset to the team. Top marks to the club for bringing him through.
As I've said in another thread and in the report from yesterday, he is just a bit of decisive decision making away from being the real deal - there were a couple of times yesterday where he tried an extra touch where a pass or shot would have been a better option, but that is something that will come with experience. Looking better with every game, we've got a real prospect on our hands yet again.

red1

A Scout from Bournemouth came to watch him v Carlisle

elginCity

A Scout from Bournemouth came to watch him v Carlisle
Eddie Howe was at the Crawley game.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Eddie Howe was at the Crawley game.
Maybe he was looking at Stockley?

elginCity

Maybe he was looking at Stockley?
That was the suggestion (a hack's twitter feed), but Ollie wouldn't have gone unnoticed.