• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Optimism

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
I never thought I'd meet the girl of my dreams either but there she was - three heads, 19 arms and coloured bright blue.
I should have gone easy on the cheese before going to bed.
....and the mushrooms.

Bridgy 81

but hey, anything is actually possible! Keep believing until it's impossible
Anyone fancy a high pitched Steve Perry like sing-a-long to carry us triumphantly into the playoffs?
All together now:
Don’t Stop Believin’
Hold on to the feelin’
No?
Ok, I’ll just do it by myself then.

onemansview

My home is Chesterfield but my heart is in Tokyo
Anyone fancy a high pitched Steve Perry like sing-a-long to carry us triumphantly into the playoffs?
All together now:
Don’t Stop Believin’
Hold on to the feelin’
No?
Ok, I’ll just do it by myself then.
Maybe someone can get that one going on Saturday, I might join in!

Gordon Dale

Without JB ......I do not share your optimism. One accepts that a single player does not make a team ....but at League 1 level JB is a handful . More importantly he has the knack of scoring spectacular goals 'out of nothing' and is unselfish when it comes to assists for others.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Without JB ......I do not share your optimism. One accepts that a single player does not make a team ....but at League 1 level JB is a handful . More importantly he has the knack of scoring spectacular goals 'out of nothing' and is unselfish when it comes to assists for others.
One player does not make a team! We will have to learn to adapt!

cambmike

One player does not make a team! We will have to learn to adapt!
Matt Taylor when he signed "He is someone we are looking to build a team around in terms of creating chances." https://www.gazette-news.co.uk/sport/19406951.ex-colchester-united-striker-jevani-brown-signs-exeter/ I am not sure the word is adapt - probably have to rethink. Big loss for Sam Nombe

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yeah, in a footballing sense this is a huge loss for us and I can see our results being adversely effected for a while. Really missed him on Saturday and his ability to unlock sides - I think we would have beaten Charlton with him in the side.

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
We won’t make the playoffs but if we finish where we are currently and the football is decent enough to watch I don’t see anything but positives there

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hopefully a win tomorrow night gets this thread back on track!

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hopefully a win tomorrow night gets this thread back on track!
Easy to forget we are still in the top half of the table!