• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Oxford Utd (away) FA Cup - 2nd Round Discussion Thread

tom_ecfc

If the ref has been watching the world cup I predict 11 minutes added time, with City scoring a winner on 90+14'!
I find it odd that football has so many different rules depending on which competition you play in 🤷🏻‍♂️

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Bad feeling about this one. I like Caldwell and he's had a mixed start with some difficult games but for some reason I think we'll lose this one.

fred binneys head

Very well known Exeweb poster
Bad feeling about this one. I like Caldwell and he's had a mixed start with some difficult games but for some reason I think we'll lose this one.
It’s funny but I feel the exact opposite, I’m feeling really confident about this one.

sign of the chimes

I find it odd that football has so many different rules depending on which competition you play in 🤷🏻‍♂️
From past experience what happens with officiating at the World Cup does tend to influence the domestic game straight after. I'm pretty sure the 17.08 from Fratton station, which has always been a bit hit and miss depending on the fourth official's board, may become a bygone relic for me. Presumably we'll all need tents and camping stoves if we go behind early on at Wycombe?!

On your second round tie - Oxford have always been very streaky under Robinson - most seasons they've had incredible runs, and spells when they've been awful. I've always wanted us to be playing them when they've lost one or two; or if they're on about their seventh win in eight. A club I've never warmed to.

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Two teams this season you never can be quite sure what you’re going to get from them…difficult for GC at the moment in that he needs to find a way so that we concede fewer goals without taking away from our undoubted attacking threat.

It’s funny but I feel the exact opposite, I’m feeling really confident about this one.
TheManFromDelMonte.

He says.........funny how? Like a clown? Like he's here to amuse you?

Regards,

TheManFromDelMonte

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

SaintJames

Looking forward to going back to the Kassam and here's hoping for a Stanno repeat. I think he is due a goal :)

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
From past experience what happens with officiating at the World Cup does tend to influence the domestic game straight after. I'm pretty sure the 17.08 from Fratton station, which has always been a bit hit and miss depending on the fourth official's board, may become a bygone relic for me. Presumably we'll all need tents and camping stoves if we go behind early on at Wycombe?!

On your second round tie - Oxford have always been very streaky under Robinson - most seasons they've had incredible runs, and spells when they've been awful. I've always wanted us to be playing them when they've lost one or two; or if they're on about their seventh win in eight. A club I've never warmed to.
No wonder cup replays are being scrapped. 120+30 anyone?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member