• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Peter Whiston

wiveygrecian

Just had a message from Pete on facebook, it's his birthday today(44).
He said he still checks City's results all the time and to pass on his best wishes to all the City supporters.
Also said he had great times down at City. Favourite moment scoring against Argyle on Boxing Day(2-0 win ,early 90's)

Rog H K

Best swap deal of all time too. Argyle had a sell on for Whiston when at Torquay and also Darren Rowbotham when at Exeter and we did a player swap an Argyle lost out, ha ha ha! Great:D. Good Pro was Whiston. Happy Birthday.

A Slacker

One of my favourite City players - very cultured and a joy to watch.

flakey pasty

A really talented footballer. An excellent City servant.

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
A really talented footballer. An excellent City servant.
Absolutely...

berniesworld

Absolutely...
Here here.....

the dog2

And very good with a two fingered salute to City supportes when 6.0 down at Bradford!

DJH2005

And very good with a two fingered salute to City supportes
We've had a few of them Dave! :D

Steve Moran2

I seem to remember him catching Alan Ball's fist as it was en route to the ref's head against Port Vale in the Auto Windscreens area final after the game. Bally ran on Whiston in hot pursuit and he luckily caught him just in time! The ref had given them a pen when Scott Daniels perfectly fairly headed the ball away - which put us out. Unless I imagined the whole thing!

Lager Lout

Well-known Exeweb poster
I seem to remember him catching Alan Ball's fist as it was en route to the ref's head against Port Vale in the Auto Windscreens area final after the game. Bally ran on Whiston in hot pursuit and he luckily caught him just in time! The ref had given them a pen when Scott Daniels perfectly fairly headed the ball away - which put us out. Unless I imagined the whole thing!
Wasn't it the penultimate league game this happened? A win would have kept us up and we were one up before the ref awarded a last minute penalty? I think the ref's name was Hamer or similar.

We then went and got a point at Fulham on the last day and stayed up anyway.

LL