• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pierce Sweeney

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Comes down to him or Parkes probably for a new deal. For me I would give it to Sweenz as more adaptable than Parkes
Not totally. Sweenz will always play right-sided and Parkes left -sided. Anyway, the advantage with Sweenz is that he can also cover for right back or even right midfield if he has to. I think Parkes is OK for Div 2 but not for an autos team in Div 2. So the question is if a back four of Key *Stubbs Hartridge and *Page is good enough for autos with maybe some from Sweeney, Dyer, Parkes, McA and Sparkes as cover.

rooecfc

Not totally. Sweenz will always play right-sided and Parkes left -sided. Anyway, the advantage with Sweenz is that he can also cover for right back or even right midfield if he has to. I think Parkes is OK for Div 2 but not for an autos team in Div 2. So the question is if a back four of Key *Stubbs Hartridge and *Page is good enough for autos with maybe some from Sweeney, Dyer, Parkes, McA and Sparkes as cover.
sweeney right midfield?

grecIAN Harris

sweeney right midfield?
Indo is a little out of touch with some things down in Jakarta

Legohead

Banned
I like Sweeney but IMO it is a crossroads for him now. If we get into L1 then he isn't up to the job at that level. If we stay in L2 then i think we need to look at refreshing the squad totally. So either way i think it would be a good move for the club to let Sweeney go and hopefully he can find another club and a future elsewhere that suits him.

IndoMike

sweeney right midfield?
Yes, why not. I was clearly talking about cover. I said "or even right midfield, if he has to". And I don't see why not : "if he has to". I don't mean right wing. I mean the right sided central midfielder : if he has to

IndoMike

Indo is a little out of touch with some things down in Jakarta
Yes, thankfully

grecIAN Harris

Yes, why not. I was clearly talking about cover. I said "or even right midfield, if he has to". And I don't see why not : "if he has to".
People used to moan like hell about Tisdale and putting square pegs in round holes. Sweenz is a defender of many variations but should never been in midfield, even as a last ditch option.

IndoMike

People used to moan like hell about Tisdale and putting square pegs in round holes. Sweenz is a defender of many variations but should never been in midfield, even as a last ditch option.
Nah. Don't agree. If he had to, he could do a job. Why do you think he couldn't?

grecIAN Harris

Nah. Don't agree. If he had to, he could do a job. Why do you think he couldn't?
In a word, mobility. In defence Sweenz can see everything in front of him and can set himself accordingly which nullifies the mobility issue. In midfield the game is all around you and his lack of mobility would be exposed.

SaintJames

I dont think it's beyond the realms of possibilities as a one off on the right midfield equally as a holding defensive midfielder. You cant see Parkes as anything other than a CH though. I'm not saying that as anything other than a one off though or for a short period at the end of a game that needs for example someone to nullify a left winger