• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Player of the Season 21/22

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Voting now open

STURTZ

For consistancy throughout the season

1 Dawson
2 Brown
3 Sweeney

tonykellowfan

Dieng no contest

Avening Posse

Dawson for me, he’s been brilliant all season

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
This is one of the hardest decisions I can remember. Sparkes, Nombe and Diabate have all been outstanding at times but probably haven't contributed quite enough to be in contention for player of the season. Meanwhile Caprice, Hartridge, Key and Collins have had all very good seasons without quite being stand-out players. Dieng was the popular choice for the best player for the first half of the season and has continued to chip in with a few goals, even if injuries have meant he hasn't been quite such a dominant player. The introduction of Stubbs and Diabate to the first team was the catalyst for our improved form in the second half of the season and Stubbs just gets better and better but I'm still reluctant to give player of the season to someone who didn't play until after Christmas. That leaves three players; Dawson, Sweeney and Brown, who have all been incredibly influential this season and I honestly can't pick between them.

jimmy

I think as we have been so defensively solid, it must go to our ever-present 'keeper, who is clearly of quality of a higher division.

iscalad

Really difficult this year. Any of the defence and the goalie could win it. However I voted Dieng. Best scoring season before this was 4. Mighty impressive as an attacking midfielder.

Dawson for me - anything to encourage him to sign for us in the off season

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Reckon the hardest year on record! Our defensive record since Stubbs started playing is second to none, and if he had a full season under his belt not only would this decision be easier but so would the debate on Autos or Champions. Again the personality that is Sam Nombe would also be featured if he had a full season, but he hasn't so after taking out those two outstanding challengers you are looking at Dawson, Dieng Brown or Sweeney, and for me it's between Dieng and Brown

jimmy

Dawson for me - anything to encourage him to sign for us in the off season
Or will it add more to his CV to give him options elsewhere!