• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Playing budget

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes. There will doubtless be a good few empty seats, especially with the early KO; some will pass their ticket on to a family member or friend but not all.

Justin Quick mentioned at the Trust AGM that the Club are trying to develop a facility (which I know some PL clubs like Arsenal and others have) for ST holders who are sure they cannot attend a particular game to allow the Club to sell their seat / place on the BB on to another fan - either donating this to the club or being refunded pro rata less an administration fee. Advantage - some cash, fewer empty seats, plus some extra food drink etc sales. Win:win.

Easier of course for a PL pike with 40,000 plus seats, but ought to be possible even for minnows like us.
Hants and I, at least, have allowed the club to re-sell our season tickets. You just need to inform the club that you can't attend.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hants and I, at least, have allowed the club to re-sell our season tickets. You just need to inform the club that you can't attend.
Add me to the list !

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good, but the point is presumably that many (most?) fans don't know about this and a well-managed and communicated system would pay dividends?

Boyo

But I wasnt talking about a 3rd Rd tie between two well supported higher league teams? With the exception of the Tottenham game al those games would attract larger gates. I'm referring to the kind of game that was a Southampton, Brighton, Fulham, Brentford, Palace, Bournmouth, Wolves etc. If we played any of those away we wouldnt be playing above 10,000 for a number. Hope I would be wrong but would rather have Newscastle away any day of the week
Carrabo Cup attendances this season:
Wolves had 21k vs Preston.
West Ham had 40k vs Blackburn.
Southampton had 20k vs Sheff Wed
Brentford had
We’d take take at least a couple of thousand to all of those.

Boyo

Carrabo Cup attendances this season:
Wolves had 21k vs Preston.
West Ham had 40k vs Blackburn.
Southampton had 20k vs Sheff Wed
Brentford had
We’d take take at least a couple of thousand to all of those.
Oops, should have said Brentford had 17k against Gills (sold out)

tom_ecfc

Oops, should have said Brentford had 17k against Gills (sold out)
Would add that this game was the first game under the new G-Tech stadium naming rights and they were selling adult tickets at £10 and kids go free. Still a good attendance but would impact the amount that Gillingham got.