• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Please help to save our stadium- Salisbury FC

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good news - its sad to see any Club, go through this
Never mind that, who's got the FL Show next season?

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Never mind that, who's got the FL Show next season?
Post 26 (That is not the TV Channel BTW)

PeteUSA

Post 26 (That is not the TV Channel BTW)
Not ITV Channel 5?

Colesman Ballz

Not scorn, but I am goring increasingly tired of these petitions that crop up for every cause days. Why is it any of my business (as an Exeter resident) what happens to some private land in Salisbury? Should I also petition against someone in Stoke On Trent building an extension on their house, or a shop changing its facade in Burton? No, of course not, in much the same way that the good supporters of Salisbury FC shouldn't give a toss if ECC refuse to renew our lease, or my neighbour decides that he wants to build house in his back garden.
This is quite the most ill considered post that I have had the displeasure of reading on exeweb in recent memory. We almost lost our club in the summer of 2003, having been hi-jacked by now convicted criminals. We are just one of numerous clubs, with a long a proud record of representing it's community, that have been brought to it's knees and in far too many cases killed off by unscrupulous individuals in pursuit of a quick buck, or massaging their vanity.

When we were buried over our heads in the stinking mire, numerous other real football fans put rivalry aside and stepped in to help us in our hour of need. I personally witnessed fans of numerous other clubs actually joining our Trust to help us out. What did the likes of Rochdale or Brentford fans have to do with the Grecians ? Nothing, but they still stood by us and embraced all that is good about the football family.

To play or watch football you do actually need other teams to play against ! Shame on you for your myopic post !