• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Please wish the Queen well. Long live the King

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hi Tav, did she have a part in playing any of the procession music from the Abbey to Wellington arch? I can't get it out of my head and find myself marching around and about to it (slowly). It still brings a lump to the throat. Memorable isn't the word.
You are Kylie Minogue and I claim my five quid ! ;)

tavyred

Hi Tav, did she have a part in playing any of the procession music from the Abbey to Wellington arch? I can't get it out of my head and find myself marching around and about to it (slowly). It still brings a lump to the throat. Memorable isn't the word.
There’s a lot of military musicians doing everything at 75 beats per minute after the last few days Jinx, you’re certainly not alone in that regard! 🤣
Yes, her RM band took part in the parade from WA along the mall to Wellington Arch. Her biggest takeaway was the general level of quiet despite the thousands of people in attendance.
She also doesn’t care if she ever plays a Beethoven funeral match for the rest of her career. 😁

Mr Jinx

There’s a lot of military musicians doing everything at 75 beats per minute after the last few days Jinx, you’re certainly not alone in that regard! 🤣
Yes, her RM band took part in the parade from WA along the mall to Wellington Arch. Her biggest takeaway was the general level of quiet despite the thousands of people in attendance.
She also doesn’t care if she ever plays a Beethoven funeral match for the rest of her career. 😁
Was it actually Beethoven's Funeral march though? I'm trying to find a direct match and yesterday's piece seemed to be a mix of a few (Chopin & Handel too) and given it's own UK military flavour (and speeded up).

Also, do you (or she) know if the Bass Brum marcher played to some sort of click track. I'd struggle to keep it at 76bpm tbh.

tavyred

Was it actually Beethoven's Funeral march though? I'm trying to find a direct match and yesterday's piece seemed to be a mix of a few (Chopin & Handel too) and given it's own UK military flavour (and speeded up).

Also, do you (or she) know if the Bass Brum marcher played to some sort of click track. I'd struggle to keep it at 76bpm tbh.
Yeah, the Bass Drummer has a digital metronome on top of the bass drum to keep strict time.
From conversations with her, they played 3 different Beethoven funeral marches, the famous Chopin one and the one you’re maybe thinking of which is a Mendelssohn effort.

Matt Russell

I don't believe the queen is actually in the coffin, seems unreal to be in there for this long
You are Muhammad Khan, but I'll forgo my £5.00 in the circumstances.

angelic upstart

She's unlikely to play to such a large crowd again too, I'd imagine.

Must be such a proud moment as a father. Oh, and your daughter too!

geoffwp

I find myself wishing people wouldn't write the acronym RIP, instead of 'rest in peace' as rip just looks like the verbal equivalent of a profoundly loud fart.

Spoonz Red E

I find myself wishing people wouldn't write the acronym RIP, instead of 'rest in peace' as rip just looks like the verbal equivalent of a profoundly loud fart.
I have the same problem with FART instead of 'faith asserted resurrection testimony'.

Alistair20000

So when you were teaching woodwork did you introduce a rip saw as a rest in peace saw ?

Just interested like

Memphis09

Well done to all who took part
Only the British arm services as well as our police and all involved could show the world what a great country we have
Be proud
A special mention to the bearers who were absolutely magnificent