• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plymouth Argyle Vs Exeter City Match Day Thread

LDNGrecian

agree, he came into a knackered team and did little wrong, in fact looked quite tidy at points....dieng well off it mind
Gave away the ball leading to their 3rd. Didn’t keep the ball well enough or create an chances? Weather may have played som part but it looked the right decision to start him.

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Sort out the schoolboy errors at the back and we’ll be fine. Thought we deserved a point but when you’re up against the best Plymouth side in donkey’s years it’s a big ask to get anything against them.

Disappointed with the result but not the performance. I was expecting a tonking, despite the scoreline I don’t think it was.

thermopylai

The first and third goals Hartridge and Cheick both get drawn into coming out when they should have just tracked (for the first) and got tight (for the third). Blackman was unsighted for the second, there were a gaggle of our players hanging around on the edge of the box you could have thrown a blanket over and none of them got out to close down. The fourth was just meh.
exactly - positional errors. Hartridge was heading the wrong way for the first and reacted too late. A shame cos he was good for most of the game.

JayPob94

Don't get the Blackman critique. Left undressed for the three goals inside the box and couldn't see the other one until it was pretty much in front of him.
He's 6 foot 7. I'm a goalkeeper and was in the YTS when I was younger and I will be his hardest critic. A man his size has to be saving 35 yard shots. Simple as that.

Antony Moxey

Why?

arthur

Our defence is by no means perfect, but those were good goals Plymouth scored, by good players. If Kite's had gone in instead of hitting the bar we'd have got the draw we deserved.

Both our goals were also quality, especially the second. I always said Sam needed a strike partner rather than be up front on his own a la Bowman.

I'm beginning to think Jevani is a bit like Andy Cole - he can enjoy himself against mediocre sides, but struggles against good ones. If he does go to Rotherham I can't see him getting much game time; I think it's far more likely that he won't.

All in a very good performance, but with one caveat. We only seemed to last for 80 minutes and then we were knackered - passes going astray and next to no threat to their goal being generated. Something similar happened against Derby and it needs to be addressed

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
He had four of our players, and god knows how many green ones, blocking his view of the ball.

It was def a fault of the closing down, and not the keeper.
unless we had an olympic sprinter of a defender nobody was going to get there in time.

iscalad

Gave away the ball leading to their 3rd. Didn’t keep the ball well enough or create an chances? Weather may have played som part but it looked the right decision to start him.
Attacking substitutes are expected to be "game changers".
Which substitute would you think did that in this game?

geoffwp

As much as it pains me to say it and as much as it leaves a horrible taste in my mouth the criticism of Blackman and our leaking defence misses the fact that the gargs currently have some very good strikers who are on fire and so sharp I've cut my tongue just mentioning them, the fekkin barstards

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agree on the ref. Not a card issued either. Looked like a friendly uncle when having words with Jay Stansfield
Thought exactly the same.