• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plymouth Argyle Vs Exeter City Match Day Thread

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Fair enough, but I think it's a well-considered response which goes some way beyond the usual platitudes and suggest they're serious about taking action against the perpetrators.
I guess I’ll believe it when I see it. They’ve never taken any action in the past and large groups - despite Argyle claims that it’s a tiny minority- were singing it before and after the game. Couple that with it consistently coming up on Twitter with no comment or action from PAFC, leaves me with the feeling that actually it is platitudes.

Grecian Max

The McCormick chants firstly where abhorrent for the reason's you outline, but they weren't even factually correct. Also, almost every single driver will have driven at some point when they shouldn't have. Whether intoxication or over tiredness etc.

Anyone whom thinks chanting / banter over someone dying of cancer is pretty low and hopefully they will be round up and banned for life from attending any form of football match. Jay was seven when his dad died, the loss that he must feel because of that must be huge and almost certainly the main reason he is here this season, for someone to use that as a banter / chant is low.

I would like to say to Argyle, Well done, the statement they have released is as strongly worded as it can be and a credit to them for doing so quickly and well worded.
They speak as well as Kev. Let’s see about actions shall we, they’ve had numerous opportunities in the past to root it out and have done squat.

Grecian Max

My point being - I’ll applaud them if they actually do something rather than just write down that they plan to. There is a big difference. Been watching football for too long not to be cynical on these things.

A well known and followed Argyle fan posts on Twitter and has tweeted some abhorrent stuff regarding this subject in the past. Including photos of them urinating on a stansfield memorial. Nothing was done by the club and he appears to still be attending.

Last edited:

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
My point being - I’ll applaud them if they actually do something rather than just write down that they plan to. There is a big difference. Been watching football for too long not to be cynical on these things.

A well known and followed Argyle fan posts on Twitter and has tweeted some abhorrent stuff regarding this subject in the past. Including photos of them urinating on a stansfield memorial. Nothing was done by the club and he appears to still be attending.
Initials GM? Absolute idiot who is constantly trolling and somehow gets away with it.

suffolklad

Happy to debate. Nothing solely his fault tonight, as I said we were poor defensively. But he’s come to use us as a stepping stone, yet imo he has shown no proof of being better than us. He is a massive lad, the only time we’ve seen his physical presence is the videos of him laying out a geezer in the guildhall.
You clearly picked out the game tonight to have a pop at Blackman. Then you say that nothing was his fault tonight. In fact he made several quality saves tonight
He's a big lad and I accept needs to get fitter but he has quality in coming for crosses. There's a lot on here who praise Dawson, he was a quality keeper but he usually stayed at home for crosses, but his reactions were excellent. He's not here cus we can't afford him. With the possible and is possible exception of Dawson, Blackman could tun out to be the best keeper we have had for a long time.
Your comment about laying out a geezer is totally uncalled for. and to say the least shows a lack of integrity compassion and understanding.

Bat Fastard

You clearly picked out the game tonight to have a pop at Blackman. Then you say that nothing was his fault tonight. In fact he made several quality saves tonight
He's a big lad and I accept needs to get fitter but he has quality in coming for crosses. There's a lot on here who praise Dawson, he was a quality keeper but he usually stayed at home for crosses, but his reactions were excellent. He's not here cus we can't afford him. With the possible and is possible exception of Dawson, Blackman could tun out to be the best keeper we have had for a long time.
Your comment about laying out a geezer is totally uncalled for. and to say the least shows a lack of integrity compassion and understanding.
for who? the geezer who got layed out?

suffolklad

for who? the geezer who got layed out?
Seeing as you asked. The city players their wives, girlfriends etc. and that does not mean I condone violence in any situation. until we know the full story and its outcome keep quiet. The comment is inflammatory and is sub judice if it ever comes to court. I actually wonder if those who make these comments are city fans. The comment bears no relationship to his abilities as a keeper concentrate on that. End of discussion

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Were the chants heard during the game? Ie would Jay have heard these?
The way he played and how he celebrated our first goal in Devonport corner suggests that he heard it

StudentGrecian

Several quality saves? What game were you watching? Plymouth had 5 shots on target and scored 4 goals.

I commented after the 4th goal because of the way he lethargically attempted to get out to Hardie. As I said it’s a one on one as a result of poor defending, but put your body on the line at least. When have you seen the quality coming from crosses? Because I’ve not seen any evidence of it yet this season.

I agree, he could turn out to be one of the best, and probably should on his reputation, but he’s been nowhere near it so far.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Several quality saves? What game were you watching? Plymouth had 5 shots on target and scored 4 goals.

I commented after the 4th goal because of the way he lethargically attempted to get out to Hardie. As I said it’s a one on one as a result of poor defending, but put your body on the line at least. When have you seen the quality coming from crosses? Because I’ve not seen any evidence of it yet this season.

I agree, he could turn out to be one of the best, and probably should on his reputation, but he’s been nowhere near it so far.
Don't altogether disagree. Not sure Jamal was at fault for any of the goals on Tuesday and he's been okay [a solid-ish 6.5 out of 10] but, thus far, I can't recall him making too many saves you wouldn't expect him to make. Moreover, he hasn't necessarily looked to me as if he's someone playing below his level as was clearly the case with Dawson last year.