• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plymouth Argyle Vs Exeter City Match Day Thread

SaintJames

My first ever and what a responsibility!! We are going to shock the watching Sky viewers with a well deserved 1-0 with Sam Nombe striking in the 67th minute to strike dumb the Argyle faithful in front of 17,055

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Somebody has changed a work “Teams” online meeting to a face to face meeting which means I will be travelling to said meeting when the second half is on. F____g fuming in Oz !!, I was massively looking forward to watching this one

geoffwp

Somebody has changed a work “Teams” online meeting to a face to face meeting which means I will be travelling to said meeting when the second half is on. F____g fuming in Oz !!, I was massively looking forward to watching this one
Definitely time to pull a sicky

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
In all the discussion about this game, there hasn't been much chat about what the team will be. I would expect us to play three in midfield, probably Harry, Archie and Tim, and wonder if Jay might be dropped to the bench - I know he's coped well with everything so far but it will be a lively atmosphere which could prove challenging for someone still relatively young and inexperienced.
As to the result I can see us possibly sneaking a draw; the GAWS have won all 8 of their home games so far but that run is going to end at some point so why not tonight.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tonight's gonna be a tough night and to get anything the side need to be at their best and exceptionally disciplined. Argyle are the best side in this league imho and look along with Ipswich a cut above everyone else.

But we have shown we can score goals and I'll be happy tonight if we just don't concede, but take the derby aspects out of tonight, it's not one to massively judge our side and for the first time in a Derby against Plymouth in my lifetime I personally feel no pressure and have no expectations other than hoping we play our best and give them a good game

Ex-ciderrr

Going to be a tough assignment this evening, they are top for a reason as much as it pains me to say it they are currently* and have been for most the season the bet team in the league and have beat all the other what we`d call top sides along the way so far. I just hope we can cope with the crowd and hostility of it all well enough and play our game not the occasion, maybe pinch an early goal and or just keep enough of the ball to take the sting out of them for awhile, like MJP mentioned above i personally dont feel there is much pressure on us, (them more so, top of the league, home, they are (fans) expecting to win) that could play into our hands maybe. ill take a point right now!

UTC

denzel

Pah, go for a win, remember the last time.
I see Spotlight have done a feature on it, surprisingly only interviewing their manager....
Love it if we beat them.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Not sure what I'll be able to catch of this as I'm working till 9.

Jason's preview

Avening Posse

Okay they’re decent this year, but looking for positives they’ve been hammered by Charlton and also have relied on very late goals for at least a couple of their wins. Let’s take it to them, nothing to lose and everything to gain UTC

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Okay they’re decent this year, but looking for positives they’ve been hammered by Charlton and also have relied on very late goals for at least a couple of their wins. Let’s take it to them, nothing to lose and everything to gain UTC
Agree with this, they aren't unbeatable, but are comfortably in the best 3 this season which ATM appear to be in a league of their own league one wise. Hence why I said no pressure on us at all, but it's gonna be a really tough game and not one to judge ourselves on to harshly

Hopefully they'll get a player sent off nice n early and we can do a Charlton on them