• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plymouth Argyle Vs Exeter City Match Day Thread

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
The saltiness and sour grapes on here is hilarious
We’re used to beating you in recent times, pipe down

tom_ecfc

Just watched Caldwell’s interview. Honest, open, insightful, intelligent. Early days still of course, but I think we have (again) made a great appointment. Excited for the rest of the season.
All he has to do is keep us up this season. Then build on that over the summer.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
1617 Grecians in attendance last night.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
To be honest i think we are better than just staying up this season. As said i am confident of a mid table / top half finish. Hopefully we can then build on that next season.

Fareham Grecian

True. Though I am sure his ambitions even for this season are higher than that.

DJG.ECFC

Anyone else hear the argyle fans singing “stannos in a box” outside the ground as they were leaving? Very low but Pretty standard from them lot.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
The saltiness and sour grapes on here is hilarious
Not much sour grapes just reasonable debate. The only thing that's hilarious is the fact you feel the need to come on here, and even funnier to actually register and post! Closet Grecian?

tom_ecfc

True. Though I am sure his ambitions even for this season are higher than that.
I hope so too. But the minute after we got promoted to L1 last season, I’m sure however the season went, as long as we stayed up in our first L1 season in 10 years, we’d be happy.

tom_ecfc

Anyone else hear the argyle fans singing “stannos in a box” outside the ground as they were leaving? Very low but Pretty standard from them lot.
An Argyle fan family member said it was embarrassing and small minority. All the other fans were disgusted at the chant.

graiser

Don’t post much on Exweb these days but just to write what a game that was last night by both teams, your lot played very well particularly the first half, the Stansfield lad is more of an obvious talent than I ever saw in Watkins or Grimes.
Thought the atmosphere was crackling by both sets of fans, i don’t know where we’ll be in the league come May as I think injuries could be biting us on the backside, however I’ve read many of your posters on various threads referring to staying up in L1 this season, I would suggest you raise your expectation’s to a higher level