• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plymouth Argyle Vs Exeter City Match Day Thread

tom_ecfc

I suspect that at some point this season, Lee will replace Blackman who will be released at the end of the season with Lee taking over next season as first choice.
I believe Blackman is only on a 1 year deal. He has had many clubs already…

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I believe Blackman is only on a 1 year deal. He has had many clubs already…
That depends on your definition of 'many clubs'. Yes, he's been on loan to many clubs but no he hasn't actually been signed to many clubs. He was at Chelsea for nine years.

fred binneys head

Jefferson Louis is someone you’d say has been at “many clubs”:

tavyred

I think both clubs are in the top 5 in the "healthy" stakes, but I believe we are healthier but things can change.
Hmm not so sure.
City’s health is based around 100% organic growth, ie all the money we have is based around our activities as a football club.
If all the money men disappeared from Argo (as they tend to do eventually) where would the club be?

felix

Not banter, just answering your question.

If Hallett and/or the new consortium left we would be in the same position as you. We now generate our income from matches, retail, conference/hospitality, events ( sold out Muse concert ). Halletts money is not a loan or a liability on the balance sheet. It is what he has put into the club for ownership ( same as the Americans). He is putting no more in as we are sustainable. If he wanted his money back the only way is to sell his shareholding. He has invested to make us sustainable so it's the same as you in a way. Yes you have many owners and we have a few but neither club is dependent upon financial input from those owners.

Just for clarification.

tavyred

Not banter, just answering your question.

If Hallett and/or the new consortium left we would be in the same position as you. We now generate our income from matches, retail, conference/hospitality, events ( sold out Muse concert ). Halletts money is not a loan or a liability on the balance sheet. It is what he has put into the club for ownership ( same as the Americans). He is putting no more in as we are sustainable. If he wanted his money back the only way is to sell his shareholding. He has invested to make us sustainable so it's the same as you in a way. Yes you have many owners and we have a few but neither club is dependent upon financial input from those owners.

Just for clarification.
You think your club is ‘sustainable’ in the championship on 16K crowds?
To compete (ie. not get relegated) in that league I don’t think your owner(s) could get away with not pumping their own money in for very long.
It’s the same situation as us albeit a league lower, I don’t think we can survive in this league without regular transfer income. The only difference is that we are not (potentially) reliant on the whims of individuals and their willingness to pump their own money in.

felix

Luton? Blackpool? Swansea? Norwich? Wigan?

Anyway, hope ( and believe) by being smart both clubs can achieve their sustainability targets.

Cheers.

Grecian Max

Luton? Blackpool? Swansea? Norwich? Wigan?

Anyway, hope ( and believe) by being smart both clubs can achieve their sustainability targets.

Cheers.
Norwich? Very odd inclusion seeing at they get 24,000 odd and are miles bigger than you.

Swansea is a more of a fair comparison - if Argyle continue to be well run then of course you could sustain Championship for a period of time, before dropping back down.

tonykellowfan

I don't see why there is such an obsession with "Plymouth will fail if they are promoted". They will or they wont, a 15k average in the league above is better than about 1/3 of the teams in there.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think every club has a natural position in the football pyramid, I have Argyle about 7th in League 1.