• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plymouth Argyle Vs Exeter City Match Day Thread

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've had some time on my hands this afternoon, so have worked out that in the last 25 years, Argyle have spent 6 seasons in the Championship, 8 in L1 and 11 in L2, with an average position of 18th in L1.
That's interesting, did you work out our average position?

Boyo

That's interesting, did you work out our average position?
In contrast we have spent 3 years in L1, 17 in L2 and 5 in the Conference, with an average overall position of 12th in L2.

Boyo

1667573497023.png
1667573530763.png

felix

Woodie(Muse's) drummer is a
Disappointed in Muse subsidising the Gargs. I might not buy their next album.
Woodie (Muses's) drummer is a green.

Average Joe

In contrast we have spent 3 years in L1, 17 in L2 and 5 in the Conference, with an average overall position of 12th in L2.
This is up there with one of the best posts on Exeweb.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster

According to Chris Martin (Coldplay) he was begat in Exonia after a City home game win and is Grecian by birth. UTC

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Which is pretty much what I'd have imagined. Thanks Boyo, interesting stuff.

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I ascribe to that. Certain clubs punch above their weight and their natural position for a short period e.g. Yeovil and Crewe come to mind but eventually return to the position their league standing normally has been. Argyle predominantly have been a 3rd tier team with some spells in the 4th tier and fewer in the Championship level. Our illustrious past has seen us languishing in the bottom 10 places of the Football League all too often with relatively few seasons in the third tier. It's only been the last 20 years that we have pushed up to the heady heights of the top 7 of the 4th tier. It will be a challenge for us to become sustainable in L1 and success could be seen as surviving 4 seasons or more?
Are you sure about that? I'm sure there used to be a quiz question that went along the lines of 'which two clubs have neither played in the top or bottom division of English football since the start of the four tier League?' The answer was Barnsley and Argiggle. This is now a non question as Barnsley have since played in the Premier League and Argiggle have sunk to the bottom.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Are you sure about that? I'm sure there used to be a quiz question that went along the lines of 'which two clubs have neither played in the top or bottom division of English football since the start of the four tier League?' The answer was Barnsley and Argiggle. This is now a non question as Barnsley have since played in the Premier League and Argiggle have sunk to the bottom.
PlymouthArgyleFC_League_Performance.svg.png
You have a good memory given no-one's asked that question for at least 24 years!

dnhrn

Dominic H

Dominic Howard?