• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Plymouth Tickets (H)

C j phill

No, I'm trying to find a balance that is fair. Currently it isn't but, as I've suggested there previously, are ways and means to balance that out. As I've pointed out, Trust membership on it's own shouldn't outweigh somebody who turns up week in week out. However, if you're somebody who is a Trust member and turns up week in week out then your membership should, rightly, give you that extra edge.
As I said, no-one will ever come with a system that is fair to all, in any given situation.

I understand your view but do not fully agree with it.

Spoonz Red E

Very well known Exeweb poster
No it's the clubs problem as they are alienating some of the more valuable fan base. We're drifting back into the 'Trust members are more important' argument but the reality is not all of them are. There are some that pay £24 a year and, for whatever reason (geography, work) don't go to any games or barely a handful of games yet they are deemed 'more valuable' than Joe Bloggs who pays at least £460 across the season as a pay at the gate customer but doesn't want to join The Trust for whatever reason. Who is actually of more value to the club? The answer, financial, is of course Joe Bloggs yet he is deemed of lesser rating than Mr Trust Member. It is the club that need to find a way around this and it isn't difficult.. Make it be know at the start of the season that if you have prrof that you have attended x% of games then you will be placed in a deemed group. For me, I buy my tickets online. I am on a club datatbase. If it isn't already on there, surely it isn't that difficult to add a section that shows how many tickets I have bought across a season. Then when I come to buy my Argiggle ticket, the club can check to see whether I have matched the criteria to be able to purchase said ticket. If I have, 'there you are Sir, there's your ticket'. I'm sure Spoonz will come back soon with an answer of whther there is any feasability behind that.
Nearly all tickets bought through the system are recorded against a purchaser so, in a perfect world, the number of games attended over a period could be tallied by the ticket system.

However, there are elements that muddy the water.
  • Some people buy under their name for other people.
  • Match day sales, to save queuing time, are often done as quick over the counter sales and aren't tied to a name.
  • Some people have multiple accounts (often someone will set up a new account when they have forgotten a password rather than wait for a password reset email).
All of the versions of our priority schemes have created some 'winners' and 'losers' and there have been past debates on here over the years.
The main crux of the season ticket versus Trust issue is that having a season ticket, in itself, guarantees a seat or place for other games so what we are talking about is the ability to buy an extra ticket. There would have to be some factoring in of how to manage Trust members who also have a season ticket and are therefore also buying an extra ticket.

With full houses more common at the moment, I think it may be that pressure forces a review.

For example there could be a points based system with Trust membership, ECFC group membership, season ticket ownership and matches attended all being worth points under a formula yet to be determined.

Then it has to be
  • Clear and transparent (one thing at least which our current system is).
  • Bought into by the majority across supporters and groups.
  • Resourced properly (staffed effectively and prepared for short turnaround times for some matches)

grecIAN Harris

Nearly all tickets bought through the system are recorded against a purchaser so, in a perfect world, the number of games attended over a period could be tallied by the ticket system.

However, there are elements that muddy the water.
  • Some people buy under their name for other people.
  • Match day sales, to save queuing time, are often done as quick over the counter sales and aren't tied to a name.
  • Some people have multiple accounts (often someone will set up a new account when they have forgotten a password rather than wait for a password reset email).
All of the versions of our priority schemes have created some 'winners' and 'losers' and there have been past debates on here over the years.
The main crux of the season ticket versus Trust issue is that having a season ticket, in itself, guarantees a seat or place for other games so what we are talking about is the ability to buy an extra ticket. There would have to be some factoring in of how to manage Trust members who also have a season ticket and are therefore also buying an extra ticket.

With full houses more common at the moment, I think it may be that pressure forces a review.

For example there could be a points based system with Trust membership, ECFC group membership, season ticket ownership and matches attended all being worth points under a formula yet to be determined.

Then it has to be
  • Clear and transparent (one thing at least which our current system is).
  • Bought into by the majority across supporters and groups.
  • Resourced properly (staffed effectively and prepared for short turnaround times for some matches)
Hence why I said proof and then if you can't provide the proof then that really is your own doing and you have nobody else or a flawed system to blame. Even with some of the points you have highlighted as possible problems on that front, particularly the match day sales, you still have a ticket stubb that proves you were there to fill in any possible gaps on a database.

Matches attended is the one thing that is currently not accounted for and given what you've said at the start there really is no reason for it not be.

Spoonz Red E

Hence why I said proof and then if you can't provide the proof then that really is your own doing and you have nobody else or a flawed system to blame. Even with some of the points you have highlighted as possible problems on that front, particularly the match day sales, you still have a ticket stubb that proves you were there to fill in any possible gaps on a database.

Matches attended is the one thing that is currently not accounted for and given what you've said at the start there really is no reason for it not be.
True.
But this still has to be tallied and managed by a person at some point - sometimes at short notice.
Hence my comment about resourcing.
As someone who was working at SJP until 3am some nights leading up to the Liverpool match a few seasons back when the priority system was 'revised' just prior to the game this needs to be covered.

Oldsmobile-88

True.
But this still has to be tallied and managed by a person at some point - sometimes at short notice.
As someone who was working at SJP until 3am some nights leading up to the Liverpool match a few seasons back when the priority system was 'revised' just prior to the game this needs to be covered.
Yep...It’s often forgotten that the club have moved on massively on & off the field in the past couple of seasons. A few things around the club need time to catch up.
No easy quick fix.

Colesman Ballz

True.
Sadly it appears that 'Arris believes in magic and doesn't 'do' practicalities ! :cool:

grecIAN Harris

Sadly it appears that 'Arris believes in magic and doesn't 'do' practicalities ! :cool:
A bit like customers expecting their parcels to turn up on time at Christmas, they don't do practicalities either but they still expect it to happen regardless and we're expected to get it done. Unfortunately it comes with being a customer service business. More to what Mike said about the Liverpool game, time and technology has moved on somewhat since then. Are you going to tell me the club, especially with all that has been going on around City, that the club haven't moved with it? :unsure:

Colesman Ballz

A bit like customers expecting their parcels to turn up on time at Christmas, they don't do practicalities either but they still expect it to happen regardless and we're expected to get it done. Unfortunately it comes with being a customer service business. More to what Mike said about the Liverpool game, time and technology has moved on somewhat since then. Are you going to tell me the club, especially with all that has been going on around City, that the club haven't moved with it? :unsure:
Of course the Club has moved on with the times, but you are banging on about a problem that if it exists probably affects just a very small minority. Exactly how many people do you actually know that have "fallen through the net", as opposed to you imagining this ? Are YOU a member of the Trust ? If not is this just your personal "sour grapes" ? :unsure:

Pmc grecian

Of course the Club has moved on with the times, but you are banging on about a problem that if it exists probably affects just a very small minority. Exactly how many people do you actually know that have "fallen through the net", as opposed to you imagining this ? Are YOU a member of the Trust ? If not is this just your personal "sour grapes" ? :unsure:
👍

Nigel E

Definitely the fairest (and simplest) way would be to give preference to those with the lowest priority number.

This idea has absolutely nothing to do with the fact that my priority number is based on unbroken Trust membership since 2002...