• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
The decision to see if the Scottish Government can call its own referendum without asking the UK Government first will be known roughly at 9.45am today when the Supreme Court gives its ruling on the matter, If the ruling goes the way of the SNP it will be in their words "Advisory" and "Consultative" but obviously open a can of worms.
And the SNP lose the ruling.

tavyred

What the hell are you on about? 🙄
"Jealousy"?? Pity more like about your totally delusional state! 😜
And as for Paterson. If you can't see the hypocrisy of him running to that "dreadful" ECHR you are even more myopic than I had previously thought.
I’m not denying Paterson’s hypocrisy, just trying to get from you how that particular charge relates to me.
Your jealousy re. my pension arrangements is as plain as a pikestaff, accusing me of smugness while bemoaning your own situation is surely evidence enough?

Mr Jinx

And the SNP lose the ruling.
Won't change much tbh.

arthur

Alistair20000

Seems one has to sign in and I cannot be arsed.

A few bullet points please art if possible.

Alistair20000

Won't change much tbh.
Correct. The whinging from the Scots will continue. Let them have their Referendum and if they want to leave so be it as long as they pay for building the wall.

Alistair20000

Meanwhile in other legal proceedings that are no doubt costing lots of money* Ms Begum is continuing to try to get back into the U.K. arguing now that she was a victim of child trafficking. Yeah right. :mad:

* I saw £5 million of legal fees mentioned.

tavyred

Won't change much tbh.
I think if you’re an average Scot the current arrangements are fine.
You have a devolved government, where the important stuff is taken care of by your own parliament.
If you’re a tad anti English you can vote in a nationalist party who will regularly give you your anti-English kicks by slagging off everything that Westminster does and pretending that Scotland is an independent country in waiting.
The biggie of course is that whatever pigs ear the SNP makes of running Scotland, it’ll hold a fiscally superior position in our Union than us suckers in England.

arthur

Meanwhile in other legal proceedings that are no doubt costing lots of money* Ms Begum is continuing to try to get back into the U.K. arguing now that she was a victim of child trafficking. Yeah right. :mad:

* I saw £5 million of legal fees mentioned.
So if a 15 year old white girl had been groomed on line, in the full knowledge of her school, the police and the local Council (but not her parents because no-one told them) you'd have given a similar response? I happen to agree with Jacob Rees Mogg who said that, as a British citizen, if she has committed a crime, she should be brought back here and tried in accordance with our laws. Just removing someone's citizenship at the whim of a Home Secretary is not legal behaviour as far as I'm concerned...

arthur

Seems one has to sign in and I cannot be arsed.

A few bullet points please art if possible.
You can watch it on catch up. It's about how lefty progressives refuse to acknowledge Jews as a minority worthy of protection. And hold British Jews responsible for the behaviour of Israel, just as they don't hold British Muslims responsible for the behaviour of Saudi Arabia. And view Jews as simply "white" with all the advantages that bestows, including the ever insightful Oprah Winfrey maintaining that the Holocaust wasn't racist, it was just white people being horrible to each other. And that the relentless focus on the holocaust utterly obscures what went before - 2000 years of banishment, pogroms and exile; as Simon Sharma in his excellent series ten years ago put it, Jews always have a suitcase packed... All this is conveniently forgotten by the left who view Jews as a privileged elite, unworthy of their sympathy or support...