• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Interesting shenanigans around the Covid enquiry. It seems the Cabinet Office risks being sent to prison if it does not give Lady Hallet the information she's asked for. What larks...
Surely you mean "What, Jinks?"

tavyred

I’m hoping this is just a bit of hyperbolic journalism, if this situation was to occur I can’t think of a more dangerous situation for our democracy, certainly in my lifetime.

Alistair20000

I’m hoping this is just a bit of hyperbolic journalism, if this situation was to occur I can’t think of a more dangerous situation for our democracy, certainly in my lifetime.

If correct this would be totally unacceptable.

Maybe art is wrong. The Blob does indeed exist.

angelic upstart

Maybe art is wrong. The Blob does indeed exist.
The blob in this case being lower ranked employees mouthing off. Like that's never happened in every workplace ever.

Jesus Navas! How is it you sensible, fairly intelligent people fall for this tat, time and again?

tavyred

The blob in this case being lower ranked employees mouthing off. Like that's never happened in every workplace ever.

Jesus Navas! How is it you sensible, fairly intelligent people fall for this tat, time and again?
The PCS have been motivated enough to up their game from ‘mouthing off’ to actually striking over issues in recent months AU.
Why the scepticism from you over this issue?
Don’t you agree that this would be a worrying over reach by a Union if they were to strike over a policy they don’t agree with?

angelic upstart

The PCS have been motivated enough to up their game from ‘mouthing off’ to actually striking over issues in recent months AU.
Why the scepticism from you over this issue?
Don’t you agree that this would be a worrying over reach by a Union if they were to strike over a policy they don’t agree with?
I do agree, it would be a worrying over reach. If it wasn't on dodgy legal ground in the first place. Besides, nothing has happened so nothing to worry about. As the article says, it's just some, more junior employees whining. Which happens in every workplace.

arthur

At last, a Brexit benefit:

"British goods from across the country, including Beano comics signed by the comic’s editor, John Anderson, Penderyn single malt Welsh whisky, Brighton Gin, the Cambridge Satchel Co bags and Fever-Tree mixers are among the items being sent from the government to the Australian and New Zealand trade ministers."

That'll do wonders for the climate crisis - sending a lot of liquid half way across the world.

While a lot of beef and sheep meat comes the other way, to the detriment of UK farmers.

"Eustice, an enthusiastic Brexiter, criticised the agreement last November for giving too many concessions to Australian and New Zealand farmers, telling the Commons: “Overall the truth of the matter is that the UK gave away far too much for far too little in return.”

All marvellous

elginCity

Even the Brexiters pied piper had been taking the pi$$ out of it all ! What a hoot.

arthur

Even the Brexiters pied piper had been taking the pi$$ out of it all ! What a hoot.

Jason will like that. He's always been a "Kith and Kin" man, despite being young enough to know better....

tavyred

825A69FA-7C7A-402C-BCC2-B84D8493FF05.jpeg👍