• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Fuss over nothing then. Like these don't happen all the time. Click bait.
Yes, still on course for a a resounding Tory victory at the next GE

DB9

Lord Ashcroft here pulling an anonymous trader out of his arse

Well of course, 12 years of Tory rule (Coalition 2010-15) and all that has brought us, In their deluded world its always Labour's fault 🙄 Apparently this Government are the people you can trust with the economy 🙄.

angelic upstart

Lord Ashcroft here pulling an anonymous trader out of his arse

He's either taking the ****, desperate or genuinely thinks people will believe that tripe.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's either taking the ****, desperate or genuinely thinks people will believe that tripe.
It appears to be a genuine tactic they're trying out as he's not the only one saying it:

DB9

It appears to be a genuine tactic they're trying out as he's not the only one saying it:

Pure desperation.

Mr Jinx

That's a real stretch.

I agree though in that the current woes aren't because of planned tax cuts. It's primarily because of BOE mishandlings.

Of course that's not stopping the BBC constantly declaring it's because of tax cuts.

Last edited:

Grecian2K

Tory MP warns Truss premiership could be over ‘within a month'
15:40 , Andy Gregory
A Tory MP has told the Financial Times that Liz Truss must either fire Kwasi Kwarteng as chancellor or risk losing the keys to No 10 “within a month”.
Oh dear!
What a shame!!
How sad!!!

Still, that's what happens when when you let a totally unrepresentative 0.3% of the electorate decide who they want to ruin* - whoops, sorry RUN - the country.

*In hind-sight I think the first choice of word is probably more accurate.

Mr Jinx

Oh dear!
What a shame!!
How sad!!!
Well yes, Boris did say Hasta La Vista. Enough Tory members would gladly vote him back in. Question remains as to whether enough MPs would back him to get into the last two? Whilst they remain significantly behind in the polls, and given there isn't any other obvious heir, I'd say there probably was. I'd profer they'll have learnt from their mistakes.

Grecian2K

Do you mean "proffer", or "prefer" there Jinx? (Or, most likely both!)
I'm concerned that all that "jigging" around last Friday has unbalanced your internal spell checker.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
No chance of a u-turn. I can only see them sticking to their guns in the hope it works out. Some kind of scapegoat will be offered up: people on benefits, remainers, the EU. Anyone will do.
Since I posted this they've blamed remainers, Labour and the EU. Just benefit claiments to go then.