• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Politics Today

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
I happen to agree with you. I'm unsure why though? I've not had sight nor sound of her. She's not like BJ who would travel about waffling shit to some fella in a warehouse in Corby in order to not have to speak to the wider public. She is just lounging about no 10 feet up watching reruns of Whittle.
She's been PM for 22 days. 10 of which were consumed by the Queen's death, mourning & funeral. So that's 12 days. Even Brian Clough got 44 days.

geoffwp

She's been PM for 22 days. 10 of which were consumed by the Queen's death, mourning & funeral. So that's 12 days. Even Brian Clough got 44 days.
Even Brian Clough didn't manage to totally screw up dusaterously in 12 days.

Grecian2K

Perhaps, one day, they might even make a film of the present fustercluck.
With Michael Sheen as Dizzi and Timothy Spall as her faithful assistant/scapegoat Kwazi.
They could call it "The Damned Tories" -how a pair of self-important idealogues began the decline a one respected and hugely supported team toward the Division Three of politics.

elginCity

The Downing Street lectern so beloved of recently embattled Tory PMs is gathering dust.

Leeez Truss likes the cameras, an opportunity to wear a new outfit, front page spread guaranteed. Her reticence in reassuring us all is a mystery. Jinx gets Prof Minford’s economics, as does John Redwood, Daniel Hannan, JRM et al. For the financial markets, investors, leading economists and the IMF, not to mention the rest of us, it’s not quite so clear. Step up to the plate, Leeez.

DB9

From The Telegraph:

Liz Truss has been accused of "inept madness" by one of her own MPs as Conservatives round on her over market turmoil in the wake of Kwasi Kwarteng's 'mini-Budget' last week.

Not exactly a "Rabid Lefty Paper"

angelic upstart

She's been hiding for those 12 days. You'd expect a bit if a new PM, here I am, this is what we're gonna do, big smiles for the camera and "ooh look at me, I'm running the country".

She's making SKS look like the outgoing, suave, debonair type that labour hoped they were getting. Any goodwill or I'll give her a chance has largely been eroded by the maniacal tax planning which even a staunch supporter of it would say it takes years to come to fruition. All the while, she's sat in her comfy chair, reading the back of her Horlicks jar.

As an aside, Mr Cummings claimed she was the only minister he ever shouted at and reckons the govt will panic before the November budget and "rush some crap out" I tend to think this is the most likely scenario.

Banksy

I happen to agree with you. I'm unsure why though? I've not had sight nor sound of her. She's not like BJ who would travel about waffling shit to some fella in a warehouse in Corby in order to not have to speak to the wider public. She is just lounging about no 10 feet up watching reruns of Whittle.
If it was Yes Minister she might actually learn something.

Banksy

It can pay for the 45 billion in borrowings to pay for the tax cut for those earning 150k or more. We can pay for this over our children's lifetimes as well, whilst having less services for the pleasure.

Incidentally, I read that the average premier league football will be 240k a year better off as a result. Which I'm sure we'll be well spent in the UK kick-starting business and the economy
Ah but don’t forget one of them might launch another Salford City on the unsuspecting football world. Look at all the overpaid footballers that will create.

Banksy

She's been hiding for those 12 days. You'd expect a bit if a new PM, here I am, this is what we're gonna do, big smiles for the camera and "ooh look at me, I'm running the country".

She's making SKS look like the outgoing, suave, debonair type that labour hoped they were getting. Any goodwill or I'll give her a chance has largely been eroded by the maniacal tax planning which even a staunch supporter of it would say it takes years to come to fruition. All the while, she's sat in her comfy chair, reading the back of her Horlicks jar.

As an aside, Mr Cummings claimed she was the only minister he ever shouted at and reckons the govt will panic before the November budget and "rush some crap out" I tend to think this is the most likely scenario.
Let’s hope ‘ the crap they rush out’ is her.

Banksy

Why are we comparing my hero Brian Clough with the basket case that is the simpering Liz.