• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Port Vale Away - FA Cup (R1) Discussion Thread

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Great positive interview from Kitey, the player I consider our most improved player this season, what a prospect!. I cannot describe how pleased I feel about the way our academy players have stepped up into league 1.

tom_ecfc

Great positive interview from Kitey, the player I consjder ours most improved player this season, what a prospect!. I cannot describe how pleased I feel about the way our academy players have stepped up in league 1.
I just hope the next batch of academy players are able to step up to L1 straight away rather than the L2 like the previous, gain experience over a number of years like Collins, Key et al.

Rosencrantz

Did he say he went into the sea at Exmouth for a swim this week? in November?
What a man.
He also said it was warmer than he was used to in Edinburgh. Players might have to watch out or they might be getting a dip this winter 🙂

Rosencrantz

I just hope the next batch of academy players are able to step up to L1 straight away rather than the L2 like the previous, gain experience over a number of years like Collins, Key et al.
The way we are getting youth team players out on work experience loans earlier now will help. I know this might seem a bit perverse, but L1 might be a better league for the more technically talented youngsters to settle into than L2. It's not really a surprise that our more technically proficient ex-academy players like Collins, Sparkes and Kite have stepped up and impressed so much where there were a few question marks from some on here when they played in L2, particularly Archie and Jack.

Bat Fastard

I was expecting the difference between the two leagues to be a lot more pronounced if i'm honest. We seem like a fairly comfortable mid table side at the minute with largely the same team as last year. The jump up to championship seems a lot bigger.....yeovil, wycombe etc passed through league 1 in recent seasons before being booted back down straight away.

geoffwp

Did he say he went into the sea at Exmouth for a swim this week? in November?
What a man.
Big winter swimming club at Exmouth Bridgy, its very popular. That is until wessex water screw up and raw sewage gets released!

Bridgy 81

Big winter swimming club at Exmouth Bridgy, its very popular. That is until wessex water screw up and raw sewage gets released!
You don’t get many people swimming in the sea around my way between Minehead and Weston.

geoffwp

You don’t get many people swimming in the sea around my way between Minehead and Weston.
Often stay near East Quantoxhead and the water always seems a bit brown and uninviting.

Bridgy 81

Often stay near East Quantoxhead and the water always seems a bit brown and uninviting.
That’s the Bristol Channel for you. It’s still very nice around here though. Just don’t go too near the sea.
As we’ve gone somewhat off topic let’s just bring it back by saying that Burslem hasn’t got any sea or even a beach!

Squeezebox

That’s the Bristol Channel for you. It’s still very nice around here though. Just don’t go too near the sea.
As we’ve gone somewhat off topic let’s just bring it back by saying that Burslem hasn’t got any sea or even a beach!
Why has it got a "Port" then?!!