• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Port Vale v Exeter City. FA Cup first round. Matchday thread.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
Maybe you should blame the holders of the "rights", in this instance the BBC ? :unsure:
Fair point, I guess it just highlights (no pun intended) what a professional job Sky do, and they don't have someone yelling 'you beauty' over every goal

Oldsmobile-88

Think you've got the story wrong somewhat, I objected to the use of just one word, the C word, unnecessary and disrespectful to both their and our supporters, there were women, children and others around us who really didn't appreciate it and Al Yates agreed with me. I do also think the "ferry" song should be consigned to the archives but that's a different discussion however bear in mind that it's just as bad as the song Argyle were singing and they've issued band for that
Yep..Completely understand, I’ve told one of my travelling companions before not to use the C word on a couple of occasions in the past in a similar scenario.

scottus86

Not sure where they're getting offside from for our first. Stansfield tackles their defender and laid it on a plate for brown.

STURTZ

Great result City.

News that Jamal Blackman is not crap and that Jevani Brown hasn't suddenly become a waste of space is such a relief!🤣

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
Before anything is posted on the internet, there’s a time just before it when it isn’t posted on the internet.
This is wisdom.
* nods sagely *

grecIAN Harris

Great result City.

News that Jamal Blackman is not crap and that Jevani Brown hasn't suddenly become a waste of space is such a relief!🤣
Jevani was never a waste of space just simply was off his game for a couple of games. He was correctly left on the bench against Argiggle, was given his chance today and has come back firing on all cylinders.

Grecian Max

Think you've got the story wrong somewhat, I objected to the use of just one word, the C word, unnecessary and disrespectful to both their and our supporters, there were women, children and others around us who really didn't appreciate it and Al Yates agreed with me. I do also think the "ferry" song should be consigned to the archives but that's a different discussion however bear in mind that it's just as bad as the song Argyle were singing and they've issued band for that
What an absolute ccc….

…razy game

Grecian Max

Jevani was never a waste of space just simply was off his game for a couple of games. He was correctly left on the bench against Argiggle, was given his chance today and has come back firing on all cylinders.
Is the correct answer

Still not convinced Jamal has had a great season so far, hopefully he’s bored of letting in 4 now, seems like he had a great game today.

Grecian Max

Still can’t decide which I prefer, I think Jevani’s just about…

I really hope GC can find room to keep playing him although I suspect he might well be benched in at least one of the next 2 against tough oppo (not what I’d do but just based on his approach so far). Obviously this was a cup game so we could go more attacking but I don’t think GC quite shares the same gung-ho attitude of his predecessor.

STURTZ

Some people have insight into the way players are adapting to the new reqime and how those same players have the abilities to overcome a change in leadership,

Some posters feel the need to change their opinion on a player after every result and go into extreme and tedious detail to make it look like they have got a funking clue!