• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Portsmouth vs Exeter Match Day - 21 Jan 2023 - Thread

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
What’s the consensus of Collins not starting by the way, do we reckon he’s gone or just giving him a rest?
In his post match interview he said he was being rested. He then goes on to talk about the rest of the season which suggests that if he is indeed off to Sunderland it is more likely to be in the summer. It could all be a "smoke screen" of course, so I guess we will need to wait until the window closes to know for sure.

Cowshed Grecian

Still irritated by todays result. Annoying to lose, I thought we were the better team especially in the first half. Can’t really criticise Caldwell too much, we need to cut out the defensive mistakes that’s hindered us all season.

Alistair20000

AJ is having a laugh reeling you all you chaps in. :ROFLMAO:

1674339913111.jpeg

Rosencrantz

Still irritated by todays result. Annoying to lose, I thought we were the better team especially in the first half. Can’t really criticise Caldwell too much, we need to cut out the defensive mistakes that’s hindered us all season.
I think today was much more that we needed to be better around the opposition penalty area and score when we are in top.

grecIAN Harris

Back home, 12 and a bit hours after leaving, and feeling a tad disappointed. We were the better side first half and it wouldn't have been unjust for us to go in with the lead. We forced enough pressure to warrant it whilst Pompey had little to threaten us with.
The second half Pompey had clearly been sent out with a rocket up their @rse and we had to ride out the storm and quieten them down again. I felt we were just getting to the end of that period and Jevani had the opportunity to put the lid on it but an uncharacteristic poor touch and lack of composure and the chance came and went. Two minutes later and we're a goal down which then gives Pompey the impetuous to carry on. Jamal's error gives Pompey a second and that was that.
Now obviously the result was disappointing but that wasn't the only thing. Part of the attraction of going today was to visit one the last, in it's almost truest form, of a proper old style footballing church (it's not quite big enough to be described as a footballing cathedral). That was all I expected it to be, proper old school in all it's glory. The other was to endure the Fratton Park atmosphere. What a disappointment. I was expecting a raucous to and froing between them and us in terms of chants and songs but no. Generally two songs and they only sing when they're winning. The Pompey School Choir down near us were trying to do their little bit but that was about it. 17000 of them and for the most part whilst they weren't in front, drowned out by our 1600. Poor...... really poor and pretty disappointing.

grecIAN Harris

AJ is having a laugh reeling you all you chaps in. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 10815
No he's not. It's the kind of nonsense and oddity he regularly pumps out on different players

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is that big Nigel Atangana walking past in the background ? 1.55 In is the best view - Eastleighs game was off maybe popped in to say hello or is coming in on loan next week ;) ;)

Alistair20000

Is that big Nigel Atangana walking past in the background ? 1.55 In is the best view - Eastleighs game was off maybe popped in to say hello or is coming in on loan next week ;) ;)
Shoulders don’t like right for that to be Big Nige

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
YouTube highlights from the Portsmouth page

tom_ecfc

AFA2B325-EB7E-40DE-BDAE-EA61189C96EB.jpeg