• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Portsmouth vs Exeter Match Day - 21 Jan 2023 - Thread

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just replayed end of whole match again and definitely Whitto says "That is a penalty" for challenge on Jevani !
Sorry SoC but this is the quote from coverage.

Only good news for both camps is that Pompey Ladies stuffed the greens 3:0 - PUP Ladies !
UTC
I think for Chimesy that the "away" commentary means Radio Devon rather than Radio Solent who he said were adamant that it was a pen 😉

Alistair20000

I'm not sure who was co-commentating yesterday but with Sohail Sahi doing the main commentary, it doesn't surprise me he didn't mention it. He doesn't see a lot of things that happens in a game.
Correct. He is too busy burbling away to observe play and comment appropriately

Average Joe

Are you like this with your wife? Sorry love that lasagna was utter carp and not a patch on last week's efforts. Unless you improve and up your game I'm filing for divorce. Sounds stupid eh? Do you set out to be a laughing stock or just dont have a filter?
All I'm saying is we need a back up for the no1 shirt. Yes Jamal may have had an injury but why is he being played? We have no cover at all for him and it's costing us.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
All I'm saying is we need a back up for the no1 shirt. Yes Jamal may have had an injury but why is he being played? We have no cover at all for him and it's costing us.
No that is not what you said, by inserting the word "again", and referring to the fact that we didn't pay a fee for him infers that he is not up to the job, which is what everyone is biting on. Yes it would be nice to get competition in for Jamal and let Harry go out on loan but this is a difficult window to fulfil that need, GC has stated that he would like to do this but only if the deal is right, as has been stated by both MT in his time with us and GC we can sign players but if they don't improve the squad why bother! (or words to that effect)

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Where is or has it "cost us"? Jamal has been utterly tremendous for us, just been given Player of the Month and you don't feel your comment was purile?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Portsmouth's first goal included in the EFL's top 5 goals this weekend (so is James Norwood, ex of this parish and a visitor on Tuesday)

Average Joe

Where is or has it "cost us"? Jamal has been utterly tremendous for us, just been given Player of the Month and you don't feel your comment was purile?
He's been outstanding for us at times. and sadly he's let a few in due his own mistakes and not forgetting the night club issue in Exeter.

Colesman Ballz

He's been outstanding for us at times. and sadly he's let a few in due his own mistakes and not forgetting the night club issue in Exeter.
WTF has the night club issue (which unless you were there, you have no real insight of), got the slightest thing to do with his goal keeping ability ? Stick to Ashton Gate !

Average Joe

Stick to Ashton Gate !
Two ex Bristol City players scored against us this week.

DB9

Two ex Bristol City players scored against us this week.
And?