• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Portsmouth vs Exeter Match Day - 21 Jan 2023 - Thread

Memphis09

Just left the ground, absolute shit show that was
You must of been at the wrong game

Memphis09

Judging from the commentary it has not been a bad performance.

Turning points a good goal for Pompey and minutes later a penalty not given followed a few minutes later a howler by Jamal to put Pompey 2 nil up.

My concern though we appear to have some decent players and play some decent football White brings creativity to the midfield and we are now starting with Jev and Sam but at present are not creating that many clear cut chances.

My other concern is that Stanno whether starting or coming on off the bench is not having the same impact on the game as he was earlier in the season.
The turning point in the game was at 0 0 Brown was through terrible touch allows the keeper to grab the ball
They then scored a really good goal
Again we get nothing from the ref should of had two pens
Was pleased the way we played for sixty minutes
Think Key and Hartridge need to be benched especially is we get new centre back
Or you play in Key in best position in place of Caprice who can’t cross a ball
We are a nearly team at the moment
Think there will be a major overhaul of the squad in the next six months
Certain players are not good enough for this level

Memphis09

Well back home and had time to think about the game. Turning point really was Jev Browns miss if we had gone 1up game might of been different. Understand why GC went for a young mobile midfield. I definitely do not like a Key at left wing back. Game was Much better than last Saturday. Great support today. Now on to Barnsley
Absolutely spot on

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Certain players are not good enough for this level
Out of interest, who would you say aren't good enough for League 1?

Memphis09

Thought we were the better side for most of the game and created the better chances across the piece. That’s no to say Portsmouth didn’t have plenty themselves. White and hartridge were our best players I thought, and nombe played well as well. The difference in performance between the halves was fairly stark - seemed to be losing all the 50 50 challenges in the second half. Disappointing couple of games, I think we could and perhaps should have won both. Big performance needed on Tuesday, let’s hope we don’t lose anyone before then. What’s the consensus of Collins not starting by the way, do we reckon he’s gone or just giving him a rest?
Funny how you see games
Thought Hartridge was really poor as he was the week before
Agree about White real class
Collins did not make any difference second half
Diabete had there centre forward in his pocket
Thought Nombe worked his socks off up front
Need to move Key back to the right looks lost on the left

tonykellowfan

The only player in our squad who has a question mark over in L1 is Diabate.

I don't think any other player we have seen this season isn't good enough for L1.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster

I don't think any other player we have seen this season isn't good enough for L1.
I think our position in the L1 table (So far) proves that we're holding our own, All I'm thinking is when the time comes (End of the season) that will be when GC might want more of his type of team, Players will leave and others will come in, That's how it works and tbh if you're a manager recently installed at a club you want to get the players in you want but of course keep hold (Or try to) the ones that fit in with your style, That's how football works, I imagine when he was interviewed for the job he told the panel his vision for the club/players and which direction he wanted to go in and they must have accepted that otherwise he wouldn't have got the job.

Memphis09

Out of interest, who would you say aren't good enough for League 1?
On the last few games and I know this won’t be popular
Hartridge needs to quicken his game has looked slow and tired the last few games
Collins he has certainly had a mayor dip in form
Key because he is playing in wrong position
Caprice can’t cross a ball. Threatens to do wonders. Back up only

So let’s put this another way
Put Key back to right midfield then ok for league one
Collins not sure what’s gone wrong with. Has he had his turned with all this contract talk.
Hartridge needs to speed up
Harper forgot who is he
So there you have it
Think you will find the squad will have a major overhaul
But hayho what do I know
All I can say will be there Tuesday cheering them on all who play in red and white UTC

Memphis09

Not on Saturday performance had there centre forward in his pocket
Remember he is just 21
Needs to be more consistent but has the right manager to guide him
Again it’s all about opinions UTC

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
On the last few games and I know this won’t be popular
Hartridge needs to quicken his game has looked slow and tired the last few games
Collins he has certainly had a mayor dip in form
Key because he is playing in wrong position
Caprice can’t cross a ball. Threatens to do wonders. Back up only

So let’s put this another way
Put Key back to right midfield then ok for league one
Collins not sure what’s gone wrong with. Has he had his turned with all this contract talk.
Hartridge needs to speed up
Harper forgot who is he
So there you have it
Think you will find the squad will have a major overhaul
But hayho what do I know
All I can say will be there Tuesday cheering them on all who play in red and white UTC
As it happens I'm not a huge Alex Hartridge fan and I thought I was the only one.

I think the rest (other than Harper) are good enough (dips in form aside as that happens especially with young players).