• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Portsmouth vs Exeter Match Day - 21 Jan 2023 - Thread

Memphis09

As it happens I'm not a huge Alex Hartridge fan and I thought I was the only one.

I think the rest (other than Harper) are good enough (dips in form aside as that happens especially with young players).
Think you right
Always thought Collins was good enough
Just hope it’s a form thing not a transfer issue
With a Key play him in his correct position then he is good enough

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
As it happens I'm not a huge Alex Hartridge fan and I thought I was the only one.

I think the rest (other than Harper) are good enough (dips in form aside as that happens especially with young players).
Hartridge is a class player. I didn't see Saturdays game so I can't comment but he's had some outstanding performances this season and he'll probably move on sooner rather than later. The Barnsley away game stands out for me as his best performance, he quite literally didn't put a foot wrong all game.

Leads

Hartridge is a class player. I didn't see Saturdays game so I can't comment but he's had some outstanding performances this season and he'll probably move on sooner rather than later. The Barnsley away game stands out for me as his best performance, he quite literally didn't put a foot wrong all game.
I thought he looked very good against FGR and full of confidence, so surprised he was (apparently) poor at Portsmouth. I think generally, he's good enough for us but probably doesn't have the attributes to play at a higher level. He's not that quick, isn't amazing on the ball and isn't that dominant in the air (although that should be easier to work on).

Bat Fastard

Funny how you see games
Thought Hartridge was really poor as he was the week before
Agree about White real class
Collins did not make any difference second half
Diabete had there centre forward in his pocket
Thought Nombe worked his socks off up front
Need to move Key back to the right looks lost on the left
Hartridge was very solid, I thought diabate got far too tight to his man every time, tends to leave huge areas of the pitch open on a regular basis

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
He's been outstanding for us at times. and sadly he's let a few in due his own mistakes and not forgetting the night club issue in Exeter.
Are you Pete the Yank in disguise? How many do you think he has conceded because of his own mistakes?

Memphis09

Hartridge was very solid, I thought diabate got far too tight to his man every time, tends to leave huge areas of the pitch open on a regular basis
Agree he was tight and probably told to be therefore not allowing him turn or bring other players into play
Hartridge I am afraid look slow and got out several times that’s why he got booked

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hartridge I am afraid look slow and got out several times that’s why he got booked
He wasn't playing cricket ! :cool: