• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pre-season friendlies 2023

Grecianman135

My main concern is that we don’t really have a safe pair of hands behind our defense. One of the reasons I really enjoyed going to watch City play in our promotion season was knowing that I could feel confident with Cam in goal if we scored there was every liklhood we would not lose. The same applied although to a slightly lesser extent when Jamal was in goal.

As we have already seen a good and reliable keeper can make all the difference between a successful or unsuccessful campaign currently I am feeling far less relaxed, confident and comfortable that either keeper falls into the former category and that a weakness in this position could make for some very uncomfortable viewing of games.
Everybody knows this yet we've placed a stupid gamble on a young keeper and a experienced pro who has a lot of wobbles,it seems such a stupid risk.

Why risk it with the keepers it's been proven what a good keeper can do for us I really don't get the gamble on our part here...

Unless GC had big plans and wages have been the familiar stumbling block regarding signings..

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
At this moment in time the problem is not the goalkeeper but the defence. You could have Gordon Banks in goal in his hayday and he would be overworked with what we have in defence.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Summary of the two friendlies, including match reports, highlights and interviews

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A young side!

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Have to say that was a good friendly to finish off with. Coventry played with their own season in mind, trying out their newbies, and tested us as a team from a higher league should. Great to see our boys gelling and to see Taylor back on the pitch.

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
Have to say that was a good friendly to finish off with. Coventry played with their own season in mind, trying out their newbies, and tested us as a team from a higher league should. Great to see our boys gelling and to see Taylor back on the pitch.
Always good to see a Taylor in the team. What successful City teams have we had without one? O.k 1978 but apart from that.......

denzel

Looks like over zealous refs getting their cards out is not confined to our games

Spoonz Red E

Looks like over zealous refs getting their cards out is not confined to our games

A 21 man melee and the ref is told by the linesman that a player has punched another in the face.
I'm with the ref on this.

denzel

A 21 man melee and the ref is told by the linesman that a player has punched another in the face.
I'm with the ref on this.
Par for the course for Mark Cooper though..