• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Pre-season friendlies 2023

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'm a bit underwhelmed by Coventry. The way it was bigged up I was thinking more along the lines of a Prem side or a big Scottish club.
When it first came up they were only one game away from being a Premier League Team ! So "close but no cigar" as they say ! :(

Antony Moxey

a big Scottish club.
Does such a thing exist?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Does such a thing exist?
Celtic

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
To anyone who doesn't believe Celtic to be a big club I would say take in a game at Parkhead, see for yourself the fanaticism of Celtic fans, do the stadium tour and look at the trophy room then you will understand the enormity of Glasgow Celtic. They aren't a world superpower but yes they are a big club

Leads

To anyone who doesn't believe Celtic to be a big club I would say take in a game at Parkhead, see for yourself the fanaticism of Celtic fans, do the stadium tour and look at the trophy room then you will understand the enormity of Glasgow Celtic. They aren't a world superpower but yes they are a big club
They have a ridiculously large amount of supporters' clubs all over the world. Rangers' support too stretches well outside of Glasgow.

Andy_H

To anyone who doesn't believe Celtic to be a big club I would say take in a game at Parkhead, see for yourself the fanaticism Religous zelots of Celtic fans, do the stadium tour and look at the trophy room then you will understand [how rubish the rest of Scottish football really is] the enormity of Glasgow Celtic. They aren't a world superpower but yes they are a big [Catholic] club

Antony Moxey

Celtic trophy cabinet: 50 million Scottish trophies that either they or Rangers win every year. It’s like us and Devon Bowl trophies.

Boyo

Celtic trophy cabinet: 50 million Scottish trophies that either they or Rangers win every year. It’s like us and Devon Bowl trophies.
They've been to three major European Cup finals, winning the European Cup (Champions League) in the 60s. That's more wins than Man City, Arsenal and Tottenham combined. Big stadium, worldwide fanbase, loads of trophies. That's pretty much the definition of a big club for me.

Rangers are a big club too, for the same reasons.

Antony Moxey

So one trophy outside of Scotland 60 years ago.

Boyo

So one trophy outside of Scotland 60 years ago.
Yep. And the big stadiums. Worldwide fanbases. Rich histories of success, including multiple European finals, including Rangers in the Europa League final 2 years ago.

Scotland other than the Old Firm is pretty tinpot. That doesn't stop Rangers and Celtic being big clubs.