• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Premier League 22/23

Bridgy 81

Although I have no particular affinity for them I’ve been interested following Bournemouth’s results this season.
They won their first league match, then got hammered in their next three, shipping 16 goals without reply against Manchester City, Arsenal and Liverpool.
That led to Scott Parker publicly bemoaning the club’s lack of investment and competitiveness, swiftly followed by his inevitable sacking.
Gary O’Neil (First Team Coach) was put in charge on a caretaker basis and in his first five league games Bournemouth have been unbeaten winning two and drawing three.
So now they’re 8th in the table, one place outside of European qualification.
I’m not drawing any comparisons between the similarity of Bournemouth and City being relatively under funded clubs in their respective leagues, nor that we’re both being led by interim (internal) Managers primarily because ours left in very different circumstances and whilst we were doing well.
But O’Neill took over when the transfer window had already closed so has to work with what he’s got, like our new boss will.
I know when you’re in a temporary position which opponents you have to face during your tenure is the luck of the draw but it’s interesting to see how some coaches seem able to get such a different response from the same group of players.
Or maybe it comes down in this case to Parker making naïve comments in the immediate aftermath of three hammerings when he was embarrassed as his professional pride was bruised when what he should have been doing was looking at his team’s forthcoming fixtures and keeping quiet?

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Mo Salah for Liverpool

Alistair20000

And a red card for Klopp

Rosencrantz

A win for the plucky underdogs, at least that is what it sounded like from the commentary 🤨

grecIAN Harris

Toon into the top 4. Cue all the money comments.........

Colesman Ballz

Bah(code) humbug ! 😎

DB9

TBH that's what you need to be there and if you think they'd be in the top four if Ashley was running the show then you really would be round the twist (Of course in the most respectful way :))

Bridgy 81

I saw last weekend that Manchester United’s selection for their match against West Ham meant that they’ve now had a homegrown player in every match day squad for the last 85 years.
The run began with their away game at Fulham on 30th October 1937.
Whatever your interest or opinion of them as a club maybe I think that’s impressive.

lamrobhero

Tensions boil over between Brentford players and Forest ground staff!

Youtube comment: I love how the Brentford player goes down trying to get the groundsman sent off :)

Colesman Ballz

Ivan Toney has been charged by the FA with 232 betting offences extending back over several years ! Little wonder that he didn't make the World Cup Finals squad.